McIntosh MA6300 headphone output

Hello folks,

I'm considering buying an used McIntosh MA6300 amplifier. It's not a very powerful amp but I'll use it with Focal Electra bookshelves on my desk when I'm using my computer (yes, I like high end sound even when I'm working on my desk).
Actually, my question is not about the sound this amplifier gives with speakers, but about its headphone output. I'm a headphone lover and I own a very high end tube amplifier. I currently also use a Nad 304 amp for my Electras and I love its headphone output, very powerful and great sound. I can even drive my LCD-4 and my Abyss with it, the sound is not as great as the best amps but it rocks.
I found almost zero information about the headphone jack on the MA6300 (and on other McIntosh amps by the way). Is it powerful enough to drive the LCD-4? (It's my currently favorite headphone, not a problem if the Abyss is not supported). Does it give a good sound? Does it take benefits from the preamp section of the McIntosh MA6300?
The purpose of this purchase is of course to have a great amp for my speakers, but also a good solid state headphone amp at the same time.
Any info would be highly appreciated, even if you don't have the MA6300 but a close brother of this amp in the McIntosh line.
Thanks!
sylvanor
For what you will spend on the 6300 I would seek out a gently used MHA-100..You should be able to get one right around the same price..I have demo'd with several different cans and it is the best SS ever.
I am not a big headphone user, but do have a pair of Sennheiser HD800's, which take a lot of power to drive.
I used to have a McIntosh C50 preamp, which didn't have much "umph" and couldn't drive the HD800's to very loud levels.
I now have a McIntosh C2500 preamp which has their "hi drive" headphone amp, and it drives the HD800's very well.
So...if the MA6300 has that "hi drive" headphone amp, I suspect you'll be OK.
Second the MHA100. Will drive your Focal speakers wonderfully for your application and the headphone amp is exceptional!
^^^.The 800S has an sensitivity of 102 db so it's not hard to drive,it's the 300ohm impedance that stresses amps.The MAC "High Drive"refers to it's being designed for high impedance cans like the 800S...Direct coupled(transformerless)tube amps love high impedance like the Senns.but can't handle really low impedance like the new batches of Planar Magnetic cans which love Transformer coupled amps...
The MHA series control amps use MacIntosh Autoformers and will drive ANY can on the planet including all Stax and Electrostatic headphones...
Thanks for your answers.
Well, you made me think again about the MHA-100 and yes, this could be the solution...
But its very little power (1 watt only) makes me fear that it may be insufficent to trive the Abyss or any future high end headphone with low efficiency. Has any of you tried the MHA-100 with the Abyss?

By the way, what are the differences between the MHA-100 and the newer MHA-150?
Very hard to find a used MHA-100 here in Europe (need a 230 volts unit)... This is also why I was more considering the integrated amps like the MA6300.
Sorry didn't know you were in Eu...
First about power.I'm the guy running 83db.Dynaudios with 15wpc.tubes so IMO as long as the transformers can handle heavy phase swings and high impedance(300/600 ohms)a single watt should drive anything to decent listening levels...
Difference between the 100 and the 150 is the 150 has the ability to decode DSD via usb. Yawn. I would be very surprised if the mha series utilizing the autoformers wouldnt drive your cans wonderfully.