Need advice on what to look for in a turntable - budget $6K to $10K

I am getting into this hobby and am now focused on a proper turntable to support my new amp and speakers (Voxative 211 Integrated and 9.87 speakers).  I also bought a new Parasound JC3+ phono stage.  While at RMAF this year I did listen to the Fern & Roby turntable and was very impressed.  It sounded awesome with the Voxativ equipment.  That being said, it would be $8K+ and I thought I should learn a little more about what to look for in a turntable and ask the community for alternatives.  Thank you in advance.
128x128mmporsche
mmporsche,

Given your now higher turntable budget I have some revised recommendations:

$17,000 AMG Viella 12 (includes a great tonearm) 
$10,000+ Garrard 301/401 with Woodsong or Artisan Fidelity plinth plus tonearm

I would put either of these on a Vibraplane or Minus K base. I own a Benz Micro LPS mr and I think it is an excellent cartridge. Another cartridge consideration is the EMT line. A great match with the Aesthetix Rhea ( I also own a Rhea)

I have heard the Woodpecker and would take an AMG or the Garrard instead.
Get a turntable that isolates any vibration, frequency and oscillation from the outside world..now you have a turntable that doesn't color or tweak the sound. And then get a cartridge whose sound you like. Everybody has different ears. So use your ears as guide, not others'. If you want to experiment and have fun, or just want to spend money :), just buy another cartridge. Enjoy and all the best
The AMG table is endgame if you like a non suspended table
with a world class arm.

If you prefer suspended, I think it's equivalent would be the Oracle
Delphi MK VI 2nd Gen with either an Oracle/SME V tonearm
or a Graham arm.