Hi , My system consist of the following 

Conrad Johnson PV11 Preamp
Conrad Johnson MF 250 amp 
Paradigm 75F speakers, ML sub 
Bluenote 2i streamer 
Meridian 200 CD player
Meridian 563 DA converter . 
All cables are Audioquest 

Mostly listen to Jazz , some rock and some classical . My CD unit is WAYYYY old and I was contemplating replacing it . 
I don't care to spend a fortune . I do like the Marantz CD6006 and its a good price . I had thought about just upgrading the DA converter BUT with the age of the player I'm afraid it will crash in the near future and I will need to spend more . 
I do like the OPPO but don't care to buy used since they are no longer made . I am OK with $1k a the upper limit of price . Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated !  

Thanks , Chris 
kiteflyer45
Post removed 
Cambridge periodically offers great prices on refurbished 851C. Remember too that the reviews of the 851C were as a $1999 player when released in 2012
kiteflyer45
I am looking forward in reading about the player purchased. Several excellent choices as above. Have fun!
Happy Listening!
@grinnell - Recived my Emotiva this afternoon. Hooked it up and proceeded to listein the the following as my quick-n-dirty reference:
Dave Grusin - Cinemagic: Lots of intricate interplay between keyboards, guitar, percussion, strings.
GoGo-Penguin - Manmade Object: Slow starting pieces that quickly build to a percussive interplay between the bass, keyboards and drums.
With both pieces, I thought I knew the music pretty well, especially 'An Actors Life' from the Grusin piece. I was a little off. Ther were some subtleties I had not picked up on before - such as the finger-picks of Ritenour, the 'ssssssssssssssssss' of the brush,
A very nice, solid unit.
@jcipale

Glad to hear it.  loving the cd's but also love streaming hi res music using the built in DAC.   and yes built like a tank
good price. better than mine :)