New In 2024

Cite New Releases and Re-Issues on Atoms Mix, Blu-Ray Audio, CD, Download, EP, Hi-Rez, LP, SACD, Stream Formats.

jafant

Wheel "Charismatic Leaders" - May 3rd (prog / metal'ish style)

Freaking awesome band, their entire discography. Killer drummer, vocals....they have it all, finesse to hard and edgy

A few pre release samples.

https://insideoutmusic.bandcamp.com/album/charismatic-leaders-24-bit-hd-audio

Johnny Cash: Songwriter. Recorded in 1993, shortly before Rick Rubin took him into the studio to start the making of his American Recordings albums.

Thanks for doing that research Steve. I finally looked up the LP on Discogs, and see the version you have. The copies listed there range from $75 US up to 149 UK pounds.

The new version coming out is on Sony U.S. Latin, which I find odd. I've never seen a used copy of the Rounder pressing in all my diggings. Of course Shelby is a cult-level artist, so there weren't that many copies bought back when you did.

Eric, looking through my purchase history, bought it off Amazon in 2014 as a Rounder remaster.

No kiddin’ Steve? Is it a UK pressing? I know they kept making LP’s over there, long after the US companies shut down their pressing plants. I shoulda looked up the album on Discogs before making that proclamation!

Two upcoming albums from quality female singer/songwriters (is it okay to separate them from males? 😉 ) :

- Every New beginning by Kim Richey. Due May 24th, on CD and clear Coke bottle vinyl. 

- I Am Shelby Lynne by, yeah, Shelby Lynne. Originally released on CD only in 1999, this will be it’s first appearance on LP. July 12th.

Beth Gibbons - Lives Outgrown May 17

Broadcast - Spell Blanket May 3

Broadcast - Distant Call September 28

@jafant: Yeah, I'm SO looking forward to the Sweetheart Of The Rodeo RSD release! Backing Jim McGuinn, Chris Hillman, and Marty Stuart (talk about a Supergroup!) are Stuart's band His Fabulous Superlatives, imo the current best band in the world.

Drummer/singer Harry Stinson, guitarist/singer Kenny Vaughan, and bassist/pedal steel player/singer Chris Scruggs are all 1st-call Nashville studio players. I first saw Kenny live when he was in Lucinda Williams' road band on the Car Wheels tour, and was stunned by his playing.

Another is the upcoming (June 21st) Dave Alvin/Jimmy Dale Gilmore TexiCali album.

McGuinn/Hillman/Stuart - Sweetheart of the Rodeo (50th Anniversary Live 2-LP)

2CD's this week;

Steve Howell & the Mighty Men - "99 1/2 Won’t Do".

Norah Jones - "Visions".