Non-Audiophile Audiophile question!

I need to know which speakers are the best to use when you position them behind you. In other words I'm not setting up any home-theater, but simply trying to figure out what kind of speakers are the best to go for such quest of setting up 2-ch stereo with rear speakers. It is my home-office situation which is awkwardly spaced and there are LOTS of monitors around me so I'm guessing I should look for near-field speakers. No issues with active speakers as well. 

Please recommend!

czarivey

Definitive technology.klipsch. and other home theater style surrounds.the ohm. mbl are cylinder type speakers. Some dipole ribbons.good hunting and enjoy the music.

I did something that was fun for me and it turned out very nice.  Depending on your room size.  My goal was a under $500 system, all in.  Amplifier, source, speakers, everything under $500.  I wanted an efficient single driver, one for left and one for right.  Used a class d amp with a bluetooth for source and amp.  I used 6" full range from Dayton.  How do you get the lower end frequency?  I made a transmission line speaker with PVC plumbing pipe.  The pipes go up against the wall to the left and right and then turn, go up a bit and are ported behind the listener.  It could be argued, that won't work everything will be out of phase.  It actually makes a smaller room seem larger.  I have also found that orchestral music sounds wonderful.  There is a huge weakness in the system as it does have a sweet spot for listening, that is about 4'x4'.  For someone sitting at a desk, it could work.  Not that it sounds bad, outside of this.  It just sounds really good in the sweet spot.  I also have another system and found that matching efficiencies of the speakers helps keep things in balance.  I have some Altec Lansing A7, 500's that I use Blumenstein's for the rear and center.  I tried some others but you really had to work the balance hard to make them sound correctly.