Oppo UHP 205 Universal Player

Hello.  Have an opportunity to purchase a mint condition Oppo 205 universal player for $2,500.  I'm heavily into multi-channel SACD and Blu-Ray music playback.  Seem like a reasonable deal?  Any other suggestions?

Ag insider logo xs@2xdrlou77

I agree.   Buy a new machine.     OPPOs were great but do you really want to buy a used disc spinner with who knows how many hours on it when you can buy one of those Reavon players 

Www.reavon.com

Sorry, I meant UDP-205.

I’m struggling with this decision.  I have an Oppo 105 and like the player and I am pleased with its performance.

I have hundreds of SACDs, blu-ray audio and DVD-Audio discs.  Stereo and 5.1 multi-channel playback is important to me.

I’ve heard there are new players in this space, but I am not familiar with them.

Looking to learn from others who have been down this path.

Thanks!

I have a 103d and it's been great, but if it dies I will check out one of those Reavon or probably a apanasonic UB9000.  Balanced outs , multichannel outputs.  Probably a safe bet at that price.  I had one of the better Panasonic BluRay and it's still running in my Brother's system. 

@oddiofyl 

I use my Oppo almost exclusively for music.  I own a few blu-ray, but most of them are concerts.

The trend among us audiophiles, is music that is being produced in Dolby Atmos mixes and Quadrophnic releases of older titles.  They sound fantastic and totally immersive.  

Some purists stand firm with 2:1 systems.  Old jazz titles sound great in this format.  The newer stuff in 5.1 is the closest to live music that I’ve experienced.  I need to have both.

Maybe, I’ll pick up the Reavon after all.  It seems to suit my needs and it’s within my budget.

Thanks.

@thecarpathian 

Thanks for your input.  May I ask what your what your spinning your discs on?

Thanks!

Rich