Pre to match with Bel Canto amp s

Any Bel Canto amp users effectively using a non Bel Canto pre?

Any good experiences?

Currently running a Cary, looking to step up to something with XLRs...
mjmch2003
If you like the Bel Canto sound, which tends to be very neutral, holographic, extended, and lush, you'll probably get it best with a BC pre-amp to match the amp.

But the nice thing I find with my ref1000m amps is that they are very transparent, so you can easily achieve other flavors of sound you might like with other pre-amp lines. The Audio Research sp16 tube pre-amp I use normally with the BC amps add just a touch of tube like presence in the midrange, which is not something that I think is an inherent characteristic of teh BC sound.
Get the Pre 3 as it is very, very good indeed. I owned one and was very impressed. Best value pre I have heard really.
Grannyring

This.
I used the Pre3 with a Ref500S a couple years ago and should've stopped right there. Have used a lot of nice gear since, but haven't really bettered my system. Stupid audiophilia.
Thanks, guys.

Mapman, have you found any particular cables that work well with Bel Canto? I'm using Audience AU24 IC and speakers; shunyata copperhead for PC.
I like dnm reson ic to let the gear just shine through.

I use audio quest cv 6 speaker cables and these do a fine job.

No special power cords on my bc gear but I like Pangea ac14se cords on my preamp and source gear. Have Pangea ac 9 targeted for amps someday maybe but feel no immediate need.