Review of a tweaked Pangea Premier SE Octet Power Distribution Strip[

I recently obtained a used Pangea Audio Premier Octet SE power distribution unit at a good price.
First cleaned all the outlet contacts.
Then, of course, I felt compelled to completely disassemble it to see what was contained within the enclosure.

It was pretty heavy in it’s stock form.
The very heavy gauge copper wiring was very neatly laid out and the solder joints were impressive. A first rate build!

I placed self sticking Noico auto noise absorbing material on any interior surface which would accommodate it. Where possible, two layers thick.

I placed some self sticking Stillpoints ERS Paper on the bottom interior surface facing the backs of the eight outlets. I also placed some ERS between the sides of the outlets to further isolate them.

Reassembled the unit and placed some thick globs of Blu-Tack on the bottom.
Mashed it down to a 2” thick maple plinth which was isolated from the maple rack with brass cones.

I plugged in my components and discovered that the plugs were held extremely tightly in place by the outlets. I then snaked a long, 2” wide strip of ERS paper around all the plugs to isolate them further.

Finally, placed a Shakti Stone above the plugs/wires.

I fired up the system and after an hour warmup, sat down for some critical listening.
I’ll just cut to the chase and state that the Bass and Treble was greatly improved.
The Midrange was moderately improved. The sound stage and imaging was moderately improved.
I was pleasantly surprised by such obvious positive changes and can recommend this product if you’re willing to put some effort into tweaking it.

I neglected to document this effort with pictures. My bad. It's too painful to drag it out of it's confined spot, disassemble, take pics, reassemble and then put it back in place. (got leg cramps doing it the first time)

When you turn 70, you'll understand...


BTW, you know your old when you blow a tweeter fuse and just don't get around to replace it.....
I automatically performed the mods.
Never tested it stock.
I find ERS Paper (quantity/location depending on application), Noico Internal Damping and Mass Loading improves any unit 100% of the time (for me).

Into the Pangea, I plugged two Foundation Research LC1 Power Lines leading to my CD Player and three power cords leading to my three sub woofers. Also plugged in three Enacom AC Filters.
My Amp, Pre Amp and TT are on another circuit with different power conditioning altogether.
It's good to know that their outlets grip so well and the internals are well constructed, I noticed their power cables connect/grip into outlets better than far more expensive brands. I had been thinking about trying one of their SE strips myself due to some tweaks taking up too many outlets.

I think you will be quite pleased with the stock unit.
It is VERY substantial.
However, I believe my tweaks can take it to another level.

BTW, there IS a break in period for this item....
Replaced the stock Pangea input power cord with a Magnan Signature.
A rather nice improvement from the Git-Go.
This Magnan Cable had low millage on it, so I would expect further improvements once it has had time to settle in.

This has turned out to be one hell of a distribution box!