RIP oregonpapa

Today, oregonpapa (Frank) passed away. He will be greatly missed by many of us on Audiogon. I got to know him about a year ago personally, having had many phone calls with him over that time. He was a delightfully kind man, who freely shared his wisdom with others. Bedsides high end audio, , Frank was very knowlegable about world history and politics. Good bye my friend. Jeff

yoby

My sincere condolences to Oregonpapa’s / Frank’s family. Dear Frank, It is heart-warming to see the love people here have for you. Godspeed fellow audiophile.

Sorry to hear this news. Condolences to his family.

Have read so many posts from Frank. He will be sorely missed.

Humility, humor, generosity, common sense, open mind, loving heart, easy to speak with him, i try but i detected not much human defect in this man...I even remember 8 years ago one of the first post i read here, his post about human behavior he observed in his years before retirement...It was clever human experience...

It seems we are all unanimous which is a rare event here and then Frank unite us all in a common collective perception about humanity... He teach us even in death...

I offer my prayer a second time to his family....I am not suprized by the general sadness about his departure...

I was stunned and saddened to hear the news that Oregonpapa passed away. My condolences to his family and friends. Frank's curiosity, knowledge and passion about audio and music represents many of the things make this forum great. I wish I could've met him; but, we did share some private messages about the various PPT products.

Frank and I shared the belief that discovering something new was great; but, helping someone else discover something new was even better. I hope that many of us will up our game a little bit to help make up for Frank's absence. 

Rest in peace Frank. You will be missed, but not forgotten.