Rythmik Audio F12/F12-400 vs JL Audio E-Sub e112

Hello everyone! I am choosing a subwoofer mainly for listening to music in stereo. There are two candidates, as the title suggests. Now there is an opportunity to buy a JL at a discount, and the price of the Rythmik will be much more expensive than the official one due to shipping to Serbia from the USA + taxes. So it comes out to about the same. The listening room is about 25 sq.m with two wide passages to the kitchen and dining room of the same area. The musical genre is mainly metal, but also light music with my wife. Speakers - Buchardt S400 MKII. Listening at a medium volume level, shaking the floor is not necessary, but scale, depth, weighty lows and musicality are needed. Please help me make a choice.

128x128iad

@sounds_real_audio Hello! I have just bought a 300W amp (for 4 Ohms) but haven’t tried it yet, I have to change 110v to 230v first. I’m sure the sound will become better!

@james633 Thank you for warning! I’ve never seen any reviews like that, everybody considers them to be elite subs. And of course I don’t want any problems and it will be difficult to me to send it back to manufacturer...

@soix thanks for advice!

@deep_333 DS1200 maybe is ok, I will read about it again, thank you. I’m not sure why, but I never considered Elac as a part of my system. Are you sure KC92 will work like 12"?

About 5 years ago I bought a pair of F12 subs with the A370XLR2 amps. I use them with a pair of Eminent  Technology LFT-8b speakers and am very happy with them.  Hard to beat for the money for sure.  If I had the money I’d of bought a pair of Rel’s bought would have cost me almost twice as much for what I wanted that would be comparable.  Also, the nice thing on the Rythmik subs is all of the control you have.  For instance, I have a dip in my room that I like to boost around the 20 to 25 Hz area.  There is a, essentially single parametric equalizer that boost a frequency with.  I don’t use the electronic crossover that’s in the rhythmics for my main speakers.  I run the eminent technology speakers full range as I prefer that, and just bring the subwoofers in at a very low frequency and cross them over. Sounds phenomenal and really don’t even know they’re there until those low bass notes hit.  

@deep_333 DS1200 maybe is ok, I will read about it again, thank you. I’m not sure why, but I never considered Elac as a part of my system. Are you sure KC92 will work like 12"?

@iad They are both very refined subs (high quality drivers, etc), but the KC92 wouldn’t keep up with the DS1200’s output, of course. If your room’s not too big and listening levels are not that high, you can get away with the KEF.

Personally, I would recommend the Varro DS1000 with the dual 10inch force balanced drivers for your Buchardt speakers and room size. Don’t be fooled that they are 10 inch drivers. It hits below 20 hz like a champion/gets you in the infrasonic zone, if needed.

The Varro subs come with a very useful auto PEQ tool developed during Andrew Jones’ tenure that will try to match the sub’s nearfield response (i.e., before the room got in the picture) to your listening position. You still need to not put the sub in a decent location. But, it can help out guys with purist rigs or others who may not know how to integrate subs too well.

@deep_333 for the price that DS1200/1000 sells for, there is also Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X, which I find very interesting because of Anthem room correction system it has. But they all are over budjet unfortunately.