Solid State preamp Brands

Hi, I was discussing options for a SS Pre. I have on a list CODA, AYRE, Bryston, Classe, Bal Canto, Holo etc.  I am strongly considering the Classe Delta Pre. Some of my audio buddies are saying that the Classe is not very good even to the point of saying it is low fi. REALLY?? I want to have 2 preamps in my system to alternate. The other is a CJ ET5 tube. any advice is appreciated.

jimbones

Another vote for SPL.  I own the entry level Volume2, and it is very good, if only XLR in and out.  I think the Elector or Director would be fabulous.  I would like to try the upper tier Ayre preamps, as my Codex is something special!

I got lucky buying used 4 yrs ago Krell krc3 preamp. This is the only Krell gear I end up liking. Normally stay away from Krell products not this one.

Wyred4sound STP-SE2  fully balanced hybrid passive/active  preamp: still a favourite after seven years. 

Wow a lot of great input and things to consider. Question: Does anyone else have issues with "digital" preamps. I guess they take analog input convert to digital the back to analog out>. I have a standalone dac so I m think all this extra processing is really not necessary

IMO I wouldn’t use a digital preamp unless you want to also use the included dac or you want to use room correction if it has that.