Solo streamer

I’m looking to replace my Cambridge CXN v2 with a streamer that has better SQ.  I want a streamer with no extra accoutrements: no DAC, storage capacity, etc., nothing but a streamer.  Is this available?

128x128rvpiano

@oddiofyl I compared the preamp in the M3 to Pass Labs XP-12 and XP-22. The M3 direct to amp is very transparent but not harsh. The only area where it lacks slightly is the soundstage depth and layering. This is where a dedicated preamp comes in. 

@oddiofyl 

The heart of my system is a vintage Conrad Johnson preamp refitted with Teflon caps by CJ.  It really makes my system work.

That Bricasti is a fine sou ding unit and the fact it can drive an Amp is appealing but I like to run all of my sources at a fixed output into a preamp .  I guess if you are all digital it makes sense ....

I'll always use an active pre

Preamp is a must in my book. I’ve not gotten the best possible results unless a preamp is in a system. I’m not saying you don’t need one. We were just talking DACs and features. 

“Although I believe my Benchmark DAC is doing a great job, just out of curiosity, what other DACs would you recommend?”

@rvpiano 

Just a thought, if your N200 is still in return period, consider swapping with A200 (with built-in DAC) and go straight into CJ :-)