Solo streamer

I’m looking to replace my Cambridge CXN v2 with a streamer that has better SQ.  I want a streamer with no extra accoutrements: no DAC, storage capacity, etc., nothing but a streamer.  Is this available?

128x128rvpiano

@oddiofyl 

I like owning the physical media.   

I hear ya. I have about 500 cd's and no player. Don't think I ever will spin them again but I still keep them for sentimental reasons. They also offer diffusion in my room. cheeky

“They also offer diffusion in my room”

@mclinnguy 
🤣……all jokes apart, have you thought about ripping the CD’s? Sadly, CD’s aren’t worth a dime anymore. I have 8-10 boxes full of CD’s in my garage. They will eventually end up a goodwill store :-)

@mclinnguy

The nicest piano I ever played was a Steinway concert grand at a solo recital I gave at Carnegie Recital Hall, now called Weill Hall (not the large hall.)

@lalitk I have done with a few of them, such as Patricia Barber's A Fortnight in France as I believe we have discussed previously, some Japanese pressings, and some Linn hybrid layer's that aren't available on Qobuz, but for the albums that are on Qobuz, if there are any sq differences between the rips and streaming Qobuz I don't think it is worth the effort. I have 24 TB of storage capacity in my server, and I have used 140 GB of it. :) 

But I haven't bought any downloads in many months either. Streaming Qobuz sounds so good, I am currently preferring to put my money into better components, cables, vibration control/coupling apparatus, then look at streaming filters/switches. I still haven't experimented with PGGB software, once I get around to that, maybe this winter when golf season is over and I get bored, then I might have plenty of upsampled remastered CD files in storage. 

@mclinnguy 

Makes sense with what you’re saying. I have ripped all of my CD’s years ago and filtered my collection down to very best sounding albums. The exquisite sound quality of Japanese and Analog Productions CD/SACD’s are the only reason for my purchase. All new purchases gets ripped right away for convenience and when I’m in mood, they come out of case for playtime in my top loader CD player.