Speaker disappearing act?

There's new $25k per pair speaker, that according to everyone who matters, disappears? I've heard this disappearing act before, but what, if any does it have to do with the quality of the sound? If you're blind, or close your eyes when you listen to music, does that eliminate the need for a total disappearing act? I know what they mean by speakers "disappearing" but can it be overkill in the descriptive sense, considering there are oodles of other factors that are important in describing a speaker/quality of sound. Have you ever listened to a pair of speakers that are drop dead amazing, but when you open your eyes they may not be the purest "disappearing" act you thought? Does that matter?
128x128warrenh
each to his own. i don't care where the music comes from. if an instrument sounds real, its sound can come from the left speaker. i think the disappearing act is over rated.

it is not important to me. neither is soundstage. its not real and doesn't represent a real-life musical experience.

get the timbre right and all else is unimportant. gotta have that timbre !
I think I agree with just about everything you guys are saying. I did a post a while back trying to ask other members to describe their soundstage. Granted that is hard to do, but also so very interesting to hear about. I once stuck an old Luxman receiver in my system. The soundstage moved back and sort of outside my window. Interesting. Davt, I also bought the Krause Live LP set. One terrific recording and incredibly talented band. Do you also have the New Favorite CD, and where is the banjo player if you do? My speakers disappear based on the quality of the recording, is what I experience.
I heard all about speaker disappearing while listening.One time i did not listen to my wife to closed the back sliding door when i came home everything dissapear all stolen."Just joking guy's " CHEERS..CHEERS!!!Just to greet you all .
*********HAPPY HOLIDAYS********