Speaker Stands Question

Hi All!

I'm in the market for speaker stands and wondering if there are any rules or guidelines to follow. I'll be using the Nola Boxer speaker.
Thanks, Pete
papostol
combination of PVC pipes and MDF makes nice, cheap and good quality DIY speaker stand.
Too bad Osiris no longer makes speaker stands. That, and any shipping of a good used pair would be cost prohibitive. Right now I'm looking into stands for my Clearwave Duet 6s and I think I'm going to settle on a pair of 24" parawood bar stools which places the tweeter spot on with my ears.

Parawood is rated at 1300 on the hardness scale with maple at 1450. That's pretty close when it comes to wood. When I rap my knuckles on the stool, all I get is pain, it's that hard. I might drill some holes for some spikes so it couples to the floor convincingly and see how it works out. All I'll be out is $116 for the stools and some more for some decent spikes. It should work until I come across some nicer looking dedicated stands.

All the best,
Nonoise
Sometimes a speaker will sound better with on a plate 1/2 its size sitting on those square dots Herbie makes for that and which hold like a vise.
If the tweeters are lined up with your ears you have to not slouch while listening unless you were slouching during set up, in which case you have to always slouch.
Czarivey, I was thinking of trying your suggestion. My thought was to use 6” PVC pipe and tied to wood base and top plate. Fill bottom 1/3 with concrete to lower center of gravity, the rest with sand. Toilet flanges might be used to transition from PVC to wood. As I have 3 sets of good stands bought used from dealers, haven’t gotten to this yet.