Speaker Suggestions for Next Move

I'm considering moving on from my Klipsch Cornwall IVs.  I'm looking for suggestions on new loudspeakers in the $8-$15k range. Used is fine too.

Here's what you need to know (or what I think you should know):

• Modifications:  I upgraded the crossovers and binding posts similar to the modifications made by Don Sachs (VCap ODAMs, Rike resistors, better wire/posts, and some internal damping).  I have them sitting on acoustically near inert 1.5" studio subwoofer platforms.  I feel I've juiced just about all I can out of them. 
  • Reasons for Changing.  They do not sound harsh or bright. I'm not thinking of moving on because of that. I'd like to get a bit more depth to the soundstage and more finesse in the overall presentation. 
  • Things I Have to Keep. 
  1. I need to have sizable scale in the presentation.  I have a good group of audiophile buddies and a friend who is a dealer.  I've heard so many high end offerings that don't really scale that well to me. I really like how you feel like you listened to live music or a studio--not a laboratory.  Sound doesn't shoot at you with laser focus, but rather it blooms, bathes and surrounds you. 
  2. Amp Friendly.  I have found the CWIVs to be very friendly with both SS and tube topologies.  Surprisingly, they can sound amazing with great quality SS. I have both types of pre/power amps to service speakers, but I'm not looking for speakers in this price range that need gobs and gobs of wattage.  I'd be happy to commit more so to SS if needed, but I'd like to stay way from very difficult loads.
  3. Placement.  I have a dedicated space and have leeway on placement. That said, I don't want to wrestle with a fickle speaker either. 

Side Note/Stuff I Don't Really Want to Discuss Here.  You can note this stuff all you want and chat with others about it in the thread (won't bother me at all), but I'm not going to engage on (a) Klipsch Heritage is garbage and awful sounding; Trust me though, I do see how Klipsch builds to a pricepoint and could easily better its offerings with better parts, bracing/dampening, etc.;  (b) modifications are dumb, wasteful, hurt resale, etc. I could care less about any of that. I'd prefer not to modify stuff--fyi;  (c) detailed discussions about amplification and sources. I have and have access to various topologies, manufacturers/brands, etc.  

Room:  A bit large for me, historically.  15.5' wide, 23' long, with 10' ceiling. Speakers will be placed along the short wall. 

Music Format:  Vinyl 50%, Digital 40%, CD 10%.

Genres: Pretty much you name it.  Jazz ~30%, Rock/Pop ~30%, Blues/Folk 30%; Classical ~10%. 

I'm curious to trying Fyne, Spatial Audio, Spendor (classic line in particular), Tannoy, Volti, Harbeth, PSB's flagship, Wharfedale's flagship, ATC, Vandersteen, Devore. Open to others. 

Thank you in advance!

128x128jbhiller

@jbhiller I have a pair of Razz. Entry level into the Volti line. I am completely over the moon with them, every time if fire them up I just feel so completely satisfied and happy with them. I picked my pair up directly from Greg at his shop. I had the opportunity to listen to my Razz next to a pair of rivals and a pair of new Vittora in prototype. They all shared an amazing dynamic character, there’s definitely a house sound there. The Rivals are much bigger, sound much bigger, and go lower. But that sweet coherent midrange was so much there across all three models.

i did listen to the Lucera at the Fla expo this year and I was seriously trying to figure out how to work out a deal with Greg right then and there to trade up!

The razz depending on finish and grill cloth will go for about $7500, the Lucera about $10,000, and the Rivals about $16,000. 

check out the Volti site, Greg’s got it all well explained along with pricing and what he has on hand for sale. Plus he’s a really good guy to deal with. He really wants to make sure his customers are completely satisfied.

Thank you all for the recommendations.  Yes, Volti does seem like a great fit. Man, I heard the Rivals (I think) at the 2019 AXPONA and said to myself that they sounded better to me than so many rooms. I was actually comparing them to $35k Steinheims (not that I was buying those)--they sounded that good. 

Maybe I need a trip to see Greg. 

@SNS, Yes, I did my modifications at the very same time Don Sachs did his. We conversed over email.  I loved the CWIVs but felt building to a price point constrained them.  I'm not sure going back to do the inductors would make much difference--I skipped those. 

I will say this. I have friends who have very modern speakers (Revel Salon 2s, Magico, B&W, etc.). When they hear the modified CWIVs (with excellent electronics and sources), they are amazed at how big and dynamic the sounds is.  I've pretty much tamed any brightness. While I don't mind that they are the best imaging speaker, I would like a bit more cohesion out of them. 

I'll keep researching and planning. Keep the posts coming. 

@bigkidz , Revival Audio looks great. Don Better in Shaker Heights is a 6 hour drive. I'm going to ping them. 

Reasons for Changing.  They do not sound harsh or bright. I'm not thinking of moving on because of that. I'd like to get a bit more depth to the soundstage and more finesse in the overall presentation. 

Depending on the tube amp I’d highly recommend the Joseph Audio Perspective 2.  Not overly sensitive but a relatively benign impedance curve and low phase angles and in your room should work very well with many tube amps.  They throw a deep 3D soundstage like few others and pull off a disappearing act surpassed by none IME.  BTW I’d cross ATC off your list given your amp requirements.  ProAc, QLN, Vandersteen, and DeVore also worth a good look I’d think, but if you can audition the Perspective 2s I think they may really change your, um, perspective.  Best of luck.