13’ x 10’ room

Has sound treatment

Gryphon is dark

Currently use KEF R3 Metas -- still too dark

must be standmount

Have 2 KEF KC62 subwoofers already in room

B&W 705 S3?

ullogu1

The Graham speakers are an endgame speaker if you can manage without the deep bass, it does mid bass wonderfully, like hearing the bass player in a jazz recording, it sounds very nice, but the speaker doesn’t go down far below 50 in your room, but off course you can get a subwoofer or two to remedy that.

What does it do good, well for me it’s the tone and decay, the voices as you can imagine from a BBC design are just wonderful and while modern design loudspeakers can make a woman voice sound great, the Graham’s can do male voices very well indeed, they have a chest so to speak, the flow of the sound is very nice also, not too fast, something I feel speakers with metal domes sometimes sound, only my opinion off course, but I am very sensitive to especially upper midrange into the tweeter, something that made finding speakers a bit difficult, so being able to listen for hours is very welcoming and something these Graham’s do excellently.

They are monitors, so you can expect un amplified instruments to sound very life like, violin and piano or an acoustic guitar just sound sublime, they are not heavy metal speakers, although playing uptempo rock works great and gets your feet tapping, but you can probably find much more satisfying speaker for that.

While writing this I have been listening to several rendition of Erbarme Dich, what a treat, several because I stop to write all the time 😝

Just remember that Graham Audio Speakers as all BBC design use thin wall cabinets and you sometimes can hear that in the bass, but it is not something I mind, I look at my speakers more like an instrument and I am truly smitten with them and I would only sell these for a bigger model in the Graham lineup.

If you have a nice dealer and can try them at home, that would probably be preferable as this design of speakers don’t give you the big wow straight away, but when you have listen for a while you will come to the conclusion that somehow they just sound right, at least that happen to me.

Good luck.

I watched the Pursuit Perfect System and its finding the best match for the B&W 705 Sig was the Gryphon 120. I just received a new pair of 705 S3 Sigs and they seem to be settling in and I'm finding the sound far more balanced. Gotta say though that I would imagine the 705's to be a bit brutal with a less dark amp.

@ullogu1 - Excellent! Glad you watched that Pursuit of Perfect Systems video. His description of the Gryphon is very accurate, based on my personal experience. The voicing of the amp seems to favor speakers with a hot treble. I’m thinking they paired it with their own Gryphon speakers when they designed it.

Paired with the Dynaudio Heritage speakers, it’s definitely my favorite amp. Let us know how things settle in with the B&W speakers. 

Klipsch, Focal....crappy speakers, but, it will do the zing zing zing...bring some light into the Gryphon darkness (I suppose).

If that zing wasn’t enough either, get a Schiit EQ and turn the top end frequency knobs all the way up/light it up...for a zing like no other,

Klipsch and Focal are crappy speakers?? lol. 

Focals are amazing especially the further up the chain you get. Klipsch as well although the ceiling is lower for me. Never heard a Jubilee.