Speakers that disappear

I once listened to some speakers where i was surprised by their disappearing act - I don't remember the brand - I think they were stand mounted. I am currently looking for speakers - not too big - and was hoping for recommendations - I know other components matter too but I understand some speakers are noted for this trait and some don't. I listen mostly to classical and vocals, lighter pop - no hard rock (I assume the Beatles and 60's count as "light" :) )  Speakers I have

Harbeth PS3ER XD,  

Martin Logan Stylos Speakers (wall mounted)
Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 Speakers, 

Enigma Speakers -   Enigma Oremus

Had Focal Aria 906

Thanks!  

ahal1

If your P3 doesn’t disappear then you should be lookin’ for other components. I’ve owned that speaker and it disappeared better than the larger Harbeths and other larger speakers that I have owned!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFIaiPT_kY

+1 for the Maggie 3.7i with a Rogue Cronus iii Dark and a pair of subs, but also agree they are tall and will never disappear visually unless you listen with your eyes closed. 🙈

Long ago, I had a pair of diminutive ADS bookshelf speakers that “disappeared” and presented a wonderful soundstage.  I do not remember the model number but they were wonderful … except for lacking substantial base   Fast forward to the present, and my Fyne F-702 speakers come close to doing this.  Superb lateral and fron to rear dispersion, excellent tonal qualities, and much better bass than the old ADS speakers.  I said “almost” because they a fairly large, black obelisks, almost.  But, they do “virtually disappear.”

All speakers can “disappear “

Its almost always placement

and minimal room reflections

as been said above   Minimize 

room reflections and pick music that 

doesn't have widely panned instruments and or vocals

and truly most speakers will disappear 

Good luck Willy-T

+1 for yogiboy

i heard some smaller Harbeths set up at a dealer where the soundstage was feet behind the speakers. Total disappearing act.