Streamer, Dac,with Pre Amp

I'm getting the Yamaha AS2200 integrated amplifier and was wondering how to hook up Eversolo dmp-a8 and use dmp-a8's pre amp. Do I put AS2200 in main derect so not to use both pre amps

This is my 1st post on Audiogon respect the forum 

garrymac

Check out the Aurender A1000 , yes it's a lot more than the A8 but you are getting a lot more.   Eversolo support is bad,  every firmware update has new issues and the problems they were supposed to correct aren't.  Total amateurs at software development compared to Innuos, Aurender, Bluesound.  

Don't fall for the Eversolo hype, it is disposable HiFi.  

Check out their forum, lots of complaints from last week's firmware.  Totally non responsive if you have a problem, you need to scour their forum for the answer , if there is one.  

Companies like Aurender can remotely address any issues .   Buy a streamer from a company with resources to support it.  

Hi @garrymac 

The Yamaha AS2200 integrated amplifier reproduce music that sounds real. Paired with Clayton's Caladan OB speakers, the music sounds real. Sorry, I am not good with words but listen for yourself.

The AS2200 is all analog. Its Main In jack is SE though, not XLR.

You want to use an external Pre-Amplifier to your A-S2200? This means the A-S2200 will be used as a Power amplifier only.

- All you need to do is connect the Pre-Amp's output to the MAIN IN Left-Right input of the A-S2200.
- Lastly, you need to select the MAIN DIRECT input on the A-S2200.

Best is to re-confirm with Yamaha Customer Support.

Hope you like your set-up.

@garrymac - I use the Gold Note DS-10 in my office system. It combines a streamer, DAC and preamp into one device. I recommend the additional power supply that is an option. 

It’s fantastic and honestly competes with my primary system of much higher priced separates. I highly recommend it. 

There is only one optimum way to hook two overlapping pieces together in audionirvana. Which ever way sounds best to you. Not some reviewer.