Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
" I cannot believe that their are some people that think that a fuse cannot make a difference. "

I think my kids still think that.
Just to recap, for those keeping score,    I do think a a fuse can make a difference.    However I am still not sure that I have heard one actually make much of a difference yet.  Except of course no sound at all when it blows.
I also think that using a "better" fuse with a fused speaker like Magnepan, where the fuse is actually in the signal path, has the best chance of reaping the biggest rewards.

But hey I gotta agree with Geofkait at least somewhat  on this one.  Having speakers with no fuses at all ain't such a bad thing either.

I think with the latest advances in fuse manufacture, that the old adage that "no fuse sounds best" may now be incorrect. But only with patience and a thorough investigation will we some day know.

Say what?  Are you serious?   The more in the chain the more coloration even with SR Black fuses and I'm using a FULL LOOM of them.   This is the reason companies such as CAT and ARC limits the number of fuses in their components.  
I cannot believe that their are some people that think that a fuse cannot make a difference.  Really, so we buy 1000.00 power cords and have a 10 cent power fuse.
I suppose that among the 1226 posts that have appeared in this thread so far there are a few in which it has been asserted that a fuse cannot make a difference.  But I cannot recall any such posts, and I for one, as well as Mapman, have not made any such assertion.

I would add, however, that I would not consider the low price of stock fuses to be a factor that is supportive of the existence of such differences.  Just as I would not rule out the possibility that a lower priced power cord may outperform a higher priced power cord in many applications.

Regards,
-- Al