Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
jond:

New fuse and new tubes! No wonder the night came early. Normally I would say leave your system on for 75 hours and then go to some on and off cycles to get to the 100 + hour mark. But not so with new tubes. Perhaps a better tube break in + fuse break in, would be on cycles of four to six hours with a short off cycle. George at Tube USA does believe tube break in should be done correctly. 

Perhaps Charles has some thoughts and experience on this topic.

mapman:

Synergistic Research's website is never complete. A better source of their latest communication is on their Facebook site and their YouTube videos.
The best way to get information is to go to "Rocky Mountain Audio Fest", Denver, in October, or "The Show at Newport Beach, Calif "- June 2-4 (this year). Talking to the people who designed, tested , and build these products is very worthwhile. This approach applies to many other audio companies also.

I am looking forward to seeing Oregonpappa at Newport this year. 

It is going to be very interesting in how Graphene affects our lives. Samsung has committed One Billion Dollars to Graphene research this year.

David Pritchard
Hi Gary,
You are part of an ever growing number of listeners who have tried the SR Black fuses with very successful results in your system. I'm glad you discovered this thread. 

Hi David, 
I don't follow any specific protocol in regard to new tubes.  I just let them acquire accumulated hours of burn in through regular use. There certainly could be a more effective approach than that ,  but I just play music. 

Jond and Frank,(and anyone else who is interested )
Here are two Ben Webster recordings I really enjoy. 
"Ben Webster Meets Don Byas" and  "Gerry Mulligan Meets Ben Webster "
Both are stereo recordings from the early 1960s with as expected beautiful music. 
Charles, 
Poll: How many audiophiles have purchased aftermarket fuses in the past 15-20 years? Whenever Isoclean and HiFi Tuning began selling them.  I'm looking for the number of audiophiles not the number of fuses, which would obviously be much higher.  Much much higher.

a. 500
b. 1000
c.  2000
d.  5,000
e.  10,000
f.   20,000

cheers, g.k., Machina Dramatica