Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
whitestix:

I am glad that the main passion in your life is music. A world of limitless emotion and exchanging of ideas. And jazz - a world of exploration without the trappings of fame and money.

I also listen to jazz and it's forerunner chamber music.

For these types of listening, I believe the quality of the soundstage, the texture of the instrument's sound, and the decay of notes have a major impact on the satisfaction the listener experiences.

My experience is that the Synergistic Research Black fuse gives a significant improvement to the audio qualities listed above. My enjoyment of jazz and chamber music has been enriched.

To suddenly experience Shelley Mann's drumming, Joe Pass's guitar,of Ella's singing in a " I am in the room alone with them while they perform" is exciting. I hope you will available yourself to this experience by trialing a Black fuse. 

In addition to the sonic improvements, I have found the fuse evaluation to be a liberating exercise. I am no longer scared to open equipment, pull out fuses, and even reverse fuse directions.

Before ordering I was assertive with the dealers to insure that the fuses could be returned and what the conditions would be. I truly hope that everyone who orders an audio product that has a return policy to do just that if the product does not meet expectations. Do not be afraid to live.

David Pritchard
Since somebody asked, my recent listening includes the Vijay Ayer Trio's "Break Stuff," Ingrid Laubrock Anti-House's "Roulette of the Cradle" (get yer modern music hat on for that one), and a new album from the Julian Lage trio I worked with last year as the live sound mixer (Scott Colley bass, Kenny Wollesen drums) called "Arclight."  

A reason to defy reason and read the posts on this thread is to see what Almarg has to say. Always rewarding.

I don't consider the opinions about the SR fuses benefits as "evidence" of anything as they are simply subjective opinions by those clearly wanting to see if their investment paid off after 70 hours or of looking for those same benefits. Based on the opinions contained in this thread, my system should sound mediocre…but it sounds astonishingly good without Quantum Tunneled Graphene Cryoed Sand Filled Magic fuses. It just does.
wolf-garcia ...

My system pre-Black fuses sounded "astonishingly good" too. I've been saying that all along in this entire thread. With the SR Black fuses installed, it has gone from "astonishingly good" to actually suspending disbelief. But hey, don't take that as any evidence. 
A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever.

All from a fuse change, you need to do a GK and change your avatar.

http://www.womenofgrace.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/voodoo-doll.jpg

Cheers George