Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Jond,
Hey why not? This is the best  way to determine which fuse is better in your system. 
Charles, 
Jond:

The Yamamoto looks like a great DAC reading about it at the Six Moons review site. Nice that they showed a schematic and under the hood pictures. Congratulations on evaluating two different fuses. It is this type of persistance that elevates a system to a system taht is truly speclal.

The Synergistic Research Electronic Circuit Transducers (ECT) are worth considering on a product such as the Yamamoto. I have had good sucess using them with the Antelope DAC and the Marantz SACD players.

I hope everyone has a good week filled with beautiful music.

David Pritchard
Just received my brand new Miyajima Madake Cartridge. Now I can replace the four fuses in the Aesthetix Io Power supplies with four black SR fuses. I can’t wait. I have not received my four black SR fuses for my amplifiers, hopefully this week. Happy days are upon us. Charles,  Doug helped me remount my turntable wall mount above my cabinet so now the turntable is easy to reach.
David, 
The Yamamoto YDA-01 a is a one trick pony as it is limited to 16/44.1 Redbook only. The good news is that it renders it so organically, it just sounds right. I'm listening to a live recording of Wes Montgomery "Full House " and it is  a joy.

Jeff,
Congratulations on acquiring the Miyajima,  I really look forward to hearing it and how it differs from the ZYX Universe cartridge. More Black fuses will be a genuine treat given what we've heard them do in your system thus far . You have a lot of listening to do.
Charles,