Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Hello Mapman, 
I think you miss my point. It isn't a case of rah rah (not sure why you'd characterize it this way). I definitely have no issue with open discussion and have said so several times. After awhile redundancy sets in.  That's why the alternative thread concerning the fuses is an effective outlet for those such as you.  You have plenty of company there and that's good as far as I am concerned. 

Many people here have reported sucessful and very gratifying outcomes and certainly that includes my experience with the SR Black fuses.  We all understand and appreciate your impression and commentary but why the need to repeatedly state it on this particular thread?  We clearly get your point. So IMO the availability of the two opposing fuse threads each address the  different perspectives. 

I don't post repeatedly on the other thread extolling the benefits of the Black fuses, what would be the point in doing so?  Minds are made up over there regarding their virtues and that's fine with me. I see no need for endless squabbling and the inevitable name calling. Two separate but interesting threads is the better route. 
Charles, 
mapman said:
"I suspect there are many others out there either sitting on the fence or waiting to be convinced who would appreciate a balanced discussion."

I agree with you mapman.  I have all my components in place and am now looking at the various add-ons like cables, interconnects, etc., and would look forward to the more balanced discussion as well.  Maybe we could start an independent third party thread for those who are open to either possibility.

I just installed the black in the sa11 s2.  Impressive.  Already much better than the stock.  Wow
Well, after 45 minutes of listening I am getting listening fatigue, very up front sounding more bassnthan stock.  I do not like the listening fatigue.  Hopefully they start to get less bright and more relaxed.  I guess they take time to burn in
Abnerjack,
If you've been following this thread you must be aware that this forum has been open to all viewpoints. Granted the vast majority of posts here are very positive but that's due to the users satisfying results. There's has been no arm twisting for conformity. Almarg, Mapman and others have freely expressed their opinions here without being attacked. 

The proposition for these fuses is really simple if someone is interested.  Buy them with the knowledge they can be returned if you are underwhelmed by their contributions.