Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
That is interesting because as I mentioned the filament in the ARC sp16 is clearly asymmetrical as I recall so it should be easy to specify which way to insert that into the fuse holder mounted on the back of the unit "correctly" by the pre-amp maker who should know.

Oh well, there is always hope still for a non-believer I suppose. At least I get to choose my own favorite fuse direction or not bother at all when I can’t tell a difference. That is more convenient than there being a "right" and "wrong" way for sure and maybe getting it wrong I must say. The customer is always right........

OP BTW thanks for not banning the cynics from your thread like some fuse threads in these parts and giving us someplace we can roost and banter perhaps for the benefit of those whose minds are not made up.
^^^ A Libertarian by nature, I've always believed in free speech for everyone.  The answer to disagreeable speech isn't to shut the disagreeable speech down. Nope ... On the contrary, the answer to disagreeable speech is more free speech. 

So roost and banter on ... *lol* 
" You view 100 dollar fuses as very expensive as you compare them to generic fuses,believe me, I get your point. "

I doubt it’s just me.

Someone do a proper survey. It can be of "audiophiles only" even to skew the results in a useful manner.

They might not want to come on this thread to state their opinions and be thought of as a cheapskate. :^)

Inquiring minds want to know.

Personally I'm a renowned cheapskate who kicked and screamed all the way while still sinking as much money as I have into my Hifi habit.

How long does it take these fuses to break in?  It still is lacking in bass and sounds a little hard.  I can here why people like these fuses but it just seems like it will not break in

It’s a 1/2" piece of resistance wire that has AC (alternating current) running through it, that changes direction 60 x a second, or 50 x where I live, it’s all BS.

Cheers George