Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Sgordon1 5-3-2016
Regarding fuse ROTATION... I have found "DOTS DOWN" to sound the best.... I encourage everyone to experiment with fuse rotation!
And I would encourage that before perceived sonic differences are reported as being attributable to causes that seemingly make no sense whatsoever, that steps be taken to assure that the perceived differences are being attributed to the correct variable. In this case, for example, by rotating the fuses back and forth once or twice between their original positions and the rotated positions, to verify that the perceived differences are repeatable, and that they are not due, for example, to random differences in contact between the fuse and the holder.

Regards,
-- Al

Charles I use isolation stands and platforms under speakers.   Gear rests on rock solid very heavy table on ground level concrete foundation with thin dense carpet and pad.     My main speakers are in an adjacent room from my gear.   My speakers in my room with my gear can go as loud as possible even with  turntable sitting a few feet forward of them.  It's all rock solid.   The only moving parts are the turntable.   I use music server with wifi connection to streamer. No wires.     Also mu metal foil around phono step up former.    Also good quality Pangea power cords and power conditioning.    Digital and line level gear in separate outlets from power amp.   Very highly tweaked to minimize noise and distortion.  

It it sounds really good hard to beat IMHO or at least I like it a lot and would not trade.   Took a long time and a lot of attention and some money to get there.   Wish you could hear it.  

Cheers.  
Almarg posted the following exchange,

Sgordon1 5-3-2016
Regarding fuse ROTATION... I have found "DOTS DOWN" to sound the best.... I encourage everyone to experiment with fuse rotation!

And I would encourage that before perceived sonic differences are reported as being attributable to causes that seemingly make no sense whatsoever, that steps be taken to assure that the perceived differences are being attributed to the correct variable. In this case, for example, by rotating the fuses back and forth once or twice between their original positions and the rotated positions, to verify that the perceived differences are repeatable, and that they are not due, for example, to random differences in contact between the fuse and the holder.
Regards,
-- Al

Thanks for the high humor that is so often missing in these threads. If I’m misinterpreting the nature of your response, my apologies.

G

I think sgordon was yanking peoples chains but you never know.  

The champ is here.....
Charles of course expensive Simply means costing more money.  There is no doubt 100 fuses cost more money than most.  

Value is a different thing.   There can be value in expensive items.  But they are still expensive.   

Im glad when anyone finds good value in their purchases.   It's a free country.  If there is a market for something  someone will sell it.