Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
^^^^ Put another way ... If there is a need, someone will recognize that need and will step in to fill it and make a fortune in the process. The consumer gets what he/she wants and the producer gets what he/she wants in return. Free market capitalism, baby ... free market capitalism. :-)

Last  night's listening session included a performance on CD of Spanish music featuring a trio of two cellos and one piano.  The sixth cut was a piece composed by Isaac Albeniz. Simply fantastic ... and in the room.  

Based upon what these SR Black fuses have done for my system, they are worth every penny. I hope SR sells a million fuses ... they deserve it. 

OP
Well, I am definitely over one hundred hours, changed fuse direction, now I am back to the original direction I started with.  They still sound restricted, less bass, womens voices actually hurt my ears.  Not the organic sound I have heard about yet.  I hate to give up on them but I am surprised at what I am hearing considering all the great feedback 
Hi Tzh21y,
Your results are atypical compared to most others here.  Either you still may need more burn in time or they just aren't meshing with your system. If they don't come around, return them and get your refund.  As with Oregonpapa , the Black fuses are simply wonderful in my system.  I'm glad you have given them an audition. 
Charles, 
Yes, I added the days oregonpapa had them in his system until he was really startingbto enjoy them.  Looks like almost 200 hours actually.
Tzh21y,
I believe that it is component dependent regarding the length of sufficient burn in time. In my DAC and Line Stage the positive effects were heard fairly early on. On the other hand my amplifiers required much more time to improve with the Black fuses. In all of the components the sound continued to improve up to 150-200 hours. The same very similar situation occurred with my friend's audio system. My belief is that this is truly an individual component by component phenomenon. 
Charles,