Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
My goodness what a wonderful Christmas present to read the above posts.
First I did get to spend both morning and evening time yesterday with my Mother who turned 93 in November. She recently changed her Synergistic Research Atmosphere Tuning Module from the original Red to the new Green. More detail in sounds such as solo guitar. Chet playing his guitar sounds even better now. The positive effect of a satisfying music system is clearly shown in my Mother's attitude towards aging and dealing with day to day life. She did not become an audiophile until age 88! She often comments on her pre and post audiophile life.

Nyame is absolutely correct about thinking in terms of the whole system. In fact concerning cars, do not forget that as it is important to replace tires as a set,  it is also important to routinely get those tires and wheels balanced twice a year. Very similar to periodically cleaning your stereo system's connectors. The household's new Honda Accord did not impress me at speeds above 40 mph. With 5000 miles on the car I had the wheels rebalanced. Wow! It now drives smooth as silk and quiet at 75. 

My sincere wish to all who read this thread is to have a satisfying and joyous 2017 and to start that by having a satisfying and joyous today.

David Pritchard
Post removed 
dlcockrum
I hope what you stated concerning black fuse break-in is not true for me. The first 5 amp pair I used sounded great from 2.5 to 12/13 hours until they blew. I just received 8 amp fuses and played them for 4 hours. They sound great. When you said fourth day, does that mean running your equipment on for four days or 96 hours continuously? I won’t reach running my equipment for that amount of time for maybe 6 weeks. I don’t want to leave my amps on continuously for that long. Based on your comment will I I be suffering bad sound for 5+ weeks or just 4 days?

I did not have that experience with the black duplexes. On one system it sounded good and got better over a week. The other sounded awful to start, mediocre at 30 hours, broken in sounding at 150 hours.  As to the Teslaplex SE duplexes, the three I installed sounded great at inception and got somewhat better over time.  They never sounded worse over break-in.  They were replacing 22 year old medical grade Hubbles.
Hi fleschler,

These are my experiences and they are real in my system and room.
Other’s have stated similar observations with SR’s power products, including Ted Denney III and Eliott Nommensen of SR as well as any reviewer that has written about them.

I have been using SR’s cords, cables, receptacles, and Powercells for about 7 years now and have always found that, when new, they undergo a initial period of sonic unpleasantry before settling in. I always suspected that this was due to the Tesla-coil zapping that started with the Tesla line, but I find that even disturbing the SR active-shielding cords, cables, and MPCs requires an overnight settling period. Made it really tough to compare their different cables and cords during the brief trial period of the "free-loaner" program offered by SR dealers prior to the more recent 30-day money-back trial period offer. I have been told that the new Atmosphere Graphene power cords are even more sensitive. Maybe Frank will write on his experiences with his Atmosphere power cords...

I will say that the effects of the Black fuses were much less pronounced in my amps, both in terms of the break in anomalies as well as their ultimate benefit to my system’s sound. YMMV.

If your amp is SS, it won’t hurt a thing to leave it powered up for a few days.

I’m confident that it all will work out for you either way, but expect that you will hear differences/improvements once the fuses and receptacles are undisturbed for a few days or longer.

Best to you fleschler,
Dave

David Prichard ....

Its wonderful to see your return David.

The best to you and your Mom. She's a very fortunate woman to have a son such as yourself, David. So many children of our advanced Seniors won't expend the time, finances or energy until the time comes when its too late.  That's when one of the Universal Laws dawns on them ... and that is that discipline weighs ounces and regret weights tons. 

dlcockrum ...

On the SR Atmosphere level III PC's ... They replaced some very highly regarded PC's that were in the system for about five years or so. Initially, the SR's gave an overall improvement.  Then, just like the Black fuses, I heard the abnormalities. 

I started a thread in the A'gon cable forum regarding the SR Atmosphere PC's. Here's the link:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/synergistic-research-atmosphere-power-cords

Since adding the SR Atmosphere PC's to the system, and a few months after attending the Newport show, I acquired a pair of Von Gaylord "Return of The Legend" speaker cables and two Von Gaylord "Return of The Legend" IC's.  The combination of the two makes of cables in the system was a real match made in musical heaven. 

For those of you not familiar with Ray Leung, the designer of the Von Gaylord products, I can tell you that he's a real gentleman and a genius of a designer. I was completely blown away by the natural tonal balance and the overall sound in his demo room at the show. Here's a link to his site:

http://vongaylordaudio.com/beta/

Here's a link to Ray's cables:

http://vongaylordaudio.com/beta/cabling/

Yes, expensive stuff ... but just like the SR products, with Ray Leung's "Return of The Legend" products you definitely get what you pay for. 

Frank