Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Charles ...

I'd love to hear a comparison between the two amps.   Not saying that one is "better" than the other as I haven't heard the Coincident. 

Frank
Frank,
Yes I believe that both would impress. Just depends on what type of sound you want, well executed class A/B  push pull or class A single ended. Two audiogon members I really trust Brownsfan and Mikirob say that the Coincident Dynamo is excellent. I happened to own their Frankenstein MK II SET amplifier. 
Charles 
I simply noted that HAD said something about fuses in a youtube thing so I could garner more support for my opinions about fuses…and why shouldn't I? Plus, it's fun to watch geoffkait paint himself into corners. I already have a nice sounding push pull tube amp, but since I'm switching to a set of sensitive (not unlike myself) speakers I'm casting about for single ended stuff. I do have to rely on reviews since I'm unlikely to order several amps to test, but if I bought a Fire Bottle from Mister Had and it sucked, it would be politely shown the door (or the UPS man). Note that Had states that his new transformers are "real good" or something, and hey, would he exaggerate just to promote his amps? (heh heh). I own a single ended tube rectified "boutique" guitar amp and it's great, but not necessarily greater than my push pull guitar amps. Maybe I'll just get a First Watt SS thing and be done with it all, although I dig tubes man.
If I were to venture into solid state again ( doubtful) the First Watt S.I.T.amplifiers would be at the top of the list then probably their F6 or F7 amplifiers. Wolf I believe that you’d really enjoy a good quality SE tube amplifier. Either direction chosen you’ll be happy with your efficient easy to drive speakers.
Charles
Good suggestions by Charles, as usual. A couple of caveats, though, regarding the First Watt F6 and F7.

Their gain is particularly low for a power amplifier, at only 14 db. That will be problematic in some applications, especially if vinyl sources are being used and line stage gain is low. Also, the F7 has an input impedance of only 10K, which will be a problem for many tube preamps. 

Basically, I would view the Dynamo as being more versatile than the F6 and F7 in terms of compatibility with upstream components. While I would expect the F6 and F7 to have greater versatility than the Dynamo with respect to speaker compatibility, due to their greater power capability and also their presumably much lower output impedance.  With the S.I.T. amps being more comparable to the Dynamo in the respects I've mentioned than to the F6 and F7.

Best regards,
-- Al