Tact Audio Great Service

I just wanted to give a shout out to Tact Audio.

I have an RCS 2.0 that developed a little issue. I sent the unit back to Tact for repair. About a week after I shipped it out, I received a call saying they couldn't duplicate the issue and they wanted to know if they could keep the unit a few more days to try and track down the problem, because "it could get expensive if they were to just start replacing parts that they thought might be causing the issue".

A few days later I received another call saying they still couldn't duplicate the problem, but replaced some "boards" that could be the problem. When I asked how much? I was told "not to worry about it".

A couple of days later I had the unit back and it's been working fine.

The unit was gone a total of two weeks, they couldn't duplicate the problem but replaced parts anyway, for free and now it works fine. And did I mention that I'm not the original owner and the warranty period has passed?

I think it's great that there are still companies out there who treat customers this way.

E-
ecruz
Here is one of the threads that I responded to over two years ago(way before Mr G's issues/rants surfaced): (http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1166278482&read&keyw&zztact) You'll notice that I mentioned their service as being "second to none" in that post as well. My opinion of Tact as an excellent company to do business with has not diminished one iota over the years. Hopefully: the subscribers to the AudiogoN forums will not be as simple minded as those of others as to play into the pettiness of one off-balance individual. I WILL NOT, nor will I respond to any diatribes. Happy listening!
A plant? I've made many posts here over the years, if I'm "planting" for TacT, I must be doing the same for McCormack, Belles, TAD, Vandersteen, etc.

I was only posting, what for me, was excellent customer service from a company who's product I'm very happy with.
I thought I'd throw in my 3 months of BS from the great BOZo. I bought a used 2.2[built in 1998] on eBay. It came with the mic and software disk which I loaded on my computer running Windows XP Pro and everything was fine for awhile, then once in awhile the sub output would just thump or humm. I would shut it off & on and it would work until one day the sub-out just stopped all together. Then I tried to reprogram the unit in a hope that might bring back the sub but it would get all the way to the end and have an error. I called Boz and explained what had happened and he said I should just buy a new one. At that time the unit was less than 9 years old!!!! This unit was $8000.00 new and considered a throw away by the manufacturer in just a short amount of time. I have 30+ year old tube amps that work great still. I expressed how pissed off the "buy a new one" advice made me and he said send it to them and they would take a look at it, so I did. After 1 month I emailed BOZo and asked if there was any progress. He said no and he can't even get the DSP chips anymore but would try and test the unit, which he hadn't at that point. Another month goes by and I emailed him again a little more agitated at this point. Boz wrote back and said he doesn't know how to even test the unit as they don't even have a computer that can run the software anymore. I told him it runs fine on XP Pro as he didn't even know that. The 3rd month I emailed him telling him to send the unit back and I would put it on AGON as a digital preamp and unusable and unrepairable as a correction device. when I got the unit back after more than 3 months it looked like it was never even opened. I did like the way it sounded while it worked and am hoping to find someone to fix it but I would never buy a disposable Tact again and have given that advice to my friends but they didn't need me to tell them anything once they read BOZo's emails to me. Good luck with that crap in a year or two. I know I won't get bit twice by the same mutt.