Teflon Cap upgrade or new set of NOS tubes for conrad johnson PV12A Preamp?

Unit sounds good now but was wondering -- of these two choices what will sound better?? For CJ PV12A  to have CJ install new Teflon CAPS or replace all stock tubes with NOS high end?
planapo63
I have a humble c-j Classic 2SE with the teflon caps....   it is such a great sounding pre.  It was a $500 premium over the base Classic but well worth it.  I auditioned it against a base  ET3 in what had to be a $50k system and liked the Classic 2SE better. 

If you really like it, why not do the caps ?   It's a great preamp that is worth the upgrade.  Outfit it with the best new production tubes , or NOS if you have a reliable source like Brent Jessee or Jim McShane and have the $$$ .    The teflon upgrade isn't cheap , but it's a fraction of a new preamp.
You have loved the preamp, plan on keeping it in any case?

BOTH!

Why not? Money? I can understand that, not to mention packing/shipping/return shipping. I would do tubes first.

Tubes: can you bias them yourself?

many tubes last 10,000 hours. Buying new tubes, original, or, a different type/breed. Someone like Brent Jesse will take them back, let you try a different brand if you don't like them after a 60 hour burn-in.

i.e. I bought new KT88's, liked them better than my 6550's. I have the 6550's as spares, so I will never be in a hurry in the future.

i.e. I bought sylvania for pre-amp, didn't like them as much as original, burnt them in 60 hrs, sent them back, tried some GE's, half the price, sound great.

You can always do the caps later.