Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@greg22lz , They're the best SC’s I’ve ever owned as well. Outperforming a 4K set of cables I had. 
@greg22lz Thanks for the desricption of the Cerious speaker cables and DI's. I'm thinking TEO game changers for the IC's. I'd love to hear your setup next time I pass through the area.

@aniwolfe Totally in your camp on the needing electric and stand up bass definition/clarity. My father played R&B in my early years engraining the importance bass lines and how they make music pop. Many of the favorite classic rock bands also have the most musical bassists. I'm betting the DI's provide that clarity and authority given enough power, room accuracy and correction - just put them, on order!

Luke,

The 1812’s are more aimed towards the home theater crowd. Music lovers would be better served by the Ulf’s. (This is per Eric) I do not recall any posts here by 1812 owners.

Thanks Corelli, yes it seems there are not too many 1812’s out in the wild.

There is a customer review over on the Tekton site. I’ll include a small excerpt here...

Holy smokes, I have never heard a sound like this before! The highs are crisp and clear with tremendous imaging…the mids are punchy and concise…the lows are clean, correct and enveloping. The more you listen, the more you are drawn into the sound. I heard nuances I hadn’t heard with any other speaker.
I consider myself an “Audio Enthusiast” which would be less technical than a true Audiophile. Over the past few years, however, I have heard a huge number of speakers at the annual Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Nothing I have heard at this show produces the audiophile sound with the sheer output of the 1812 Model V’s. These really are the ultimate super speakers.

So it seems they were maybe aimed at 2 channel / audiophile listeners too? Anyway, there are no professional reviews of the 1812's anywhere which is a shame. Hopefully there will be more reviews of the Ulfs coming up, it’s always nice to hear multiple opinions from different sets of ears.

Cheers,
Luke

@latebloomer   Source first, so to speak  : ) ....Eric is good at guiding one through the options and the pros and cons. 

You could also reach out to Mike Kay @audioarchon and Terry @teajay  who may have more information.

It would be cool to have detail on the 1812s. If you find something out, do post.
I see there is a 8 ohm version and I was wondering has anyone tried the Tekton Double Impacts with Atmasphere M-60 mono amps?

ozzy