Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@teajay - Pass Labs now has a designer named Jam Somasundram who designed the extremely well regarded HPA-1 and has been working on various "new" designs for Pass. I knew Jam when he lived in Charlotte, NC and worked for Cary Audio. He is a great guy and obviously very talented. Just a little FYI. 
Cannot classify all Class D amps as sounding a certain way anymore than you can say all tube, class A or Class A/B amps sound the same. Listening to 4 Class D amps, or even 10, and then suggesting no Class D amp is your cup of tea is not logical or correct.

The Lyngdorf 2170 is not a Class D amp. It is much more than that. It is a system and not designed at all like the other pieces you mentioned. Again, great big system world out there with possibilities you have not experienced. I have heard many Class D amps and digital systems including one in your group of three and they do not, cannot possibly, represent the complete population of digital system offerings.

I am fine with with you saying those three amps don’t float your boat. That is as far as you can or should go. The Lyngdorf is as far from Hifi sounding as I can imagine. The synergy with the DI speaker is amazing and while not perfect, no system is, it certainly makes music with the DI speaker in a magical way. Yes, I know an audiophile who sold the very Pass Labs amp you love Plus a preamp and dac for the Lyngdorf. Most who have experienced this won’t post here as they don’t want to deal with the Class D/digital system discrimation and fall out that ensues. 

I am sure there are other powered dac solutions with room correction that are also very special with the DI. I just need to experience them.

As a tube amp lover, tube system lover, I simply cannot let over generalizations about digital system solutuions go unchecked. Why? Because there are options out there, like the 2170, that actually please tube lovers more than many tube systems. We owe it to the community to not close the door on digital system possibilities with the DI speaker that are sublime.
Lyngdorf 2170 owners I have experienced an upgrade/modification that any good local tech can accomplish for you. The upgrade is not cheap, $350 in parts, but the result is stunning. I was so overwhelmed by it that I told the manufacturer. I would be happy to share with owners, but it will void your warranty.

It improves the resolution and all important “inner glow” of the piece.

The unit uses two .47uf caps at the output to filter out noise. These caps are not in series with the output, but parallel. However, they influence the resulting sound tremendously. Lyngdorf uses two Wima or similar quality caps in this key position. Replace with two .47 uf Jupiter copper foil caps and two .01 Duelund silver foil bypass capacitors. By bypass I mean just paralleling the two caps together. That’s it. Space is tight so some skill is needed to execute well.

The result is just wonderful 2170 owners. This upgrade impacts your sonic enjoyment more than a cable or even piece of gear upgrade. Very substantial.

I have done more to my unit, but this one is by far the most important.

It involves desolding/removing the Wima caps from the circuit board and then soldering in the new caps. It takes some time to disassemble the board from the chassis to access the bottom of the board. In fact, this step and reassembly represents the majority of the time and effort in this upgrade. Not that difficult at all however.

The unit sounds tremendous in every way without this upgrade, but reality dictates the builder must control costs to sell this unit through dealers at its reasonable price point. Adding $350 in parts cost would most likely increase the price of the unit well over $1000. 

It's been my observation that the Lyngdorf 2170 has been well received on this thread. It has been praised and certainly generated quite favorable responses and interest.  Where's the hostility toward it or its owners Bill? Just haven't seen this type of response here. I  haven't heard it but on several threads have suggested that others look into the Lyngdorf  based solely on the very positive feedback it has gotten form people whose opinion I respect. You seem very sensitive in defending this product. Again the talk about the Lyngdorf has been exceedingly positive IMO.
Charles 
Good question Charles. No hostility on this thread, but yes here on the Gon. My comments are actual quotes from several 2170 owners/members and not my own “sense” only. Hope this helps.