Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli

I emailed Eric several years ago about a design just like the Nebo.  At the time he thought it redundant with some of his other designs.

One thing for sure.  This guy is obsessed with creating new speakers.

I am sure the Nebo sounds great.  Most all of his speakers do IMO.  Is it more dynamic than the DI?  Not so sure of that.  But it may excel in other areas.

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if y'all are still liking your Tektons?  If you moved on, what did you move on to, and how do they compare?  I'm having trouble deciding between DI's, Revel F208, Wharfedale EVO4.4, or Dynaudio Evoke 50.

The DIs will be much less demanding of amplification. Which is the best I can’t say other than the Revels I’ve heard are “dry”. 

Remember when the Tekton Double Impacts were the new "flavour of the month" and (some) reviewers and audiophiles were "dumping their Wilsons" and other more expensive speakers for the DIs?

Seems the heat of all that has worn off.

Still, it's good if there are satisfied DI owners.   !

I ended up getting the Arendal 1723 Tower S.  They just arrived today and man they are great.  Really good build quality on the cabinets.  THX Ultra is no joke.