The Future of Audio Amplification

I have recently paired an Audio Research DS225 Class D amplifier with an Audio Research tube preamplifier (SP8 mkii). I cannot believe how wonderful and lifelike my music sounds. The DS225 replaced an Audio Research SD135 Class AB amplifier. Perhaps the SD135 is just not as good as some of the better quality amps that are out there, but it got me thinking that amazingly wonderful sonance can be achieved with a tubed pre and Class D amp. I have a hunch that as more people experience this combination, it will likely catch on and become the future path of many, if not most audiophile systems. It is interesting that Audio Research has been at the forefront of this development.
distortions
Have you guys seen the AGD Gantube monoblocks?.....way cool! Check it out. Gans in a tube with 768K switching frequency. $15000 the pair. AGD production dot com.  Rave review on Positive feedback.
Which measurements, @kosst_amogan for which specific Class D amplifier?

Be specific.

Most Class D amps measure very well, if not superbly, especially compared to some megabuck Class A amplifier.
To write more, it’s not that I am dismissive of specs altogether, but rather that once amps get to a certain level of quality, the specs alone do NOT describe anything useful about the sound.

For instance, I’ve yet to see an amp with 0.01% distortion actually always sound better than another with 0.05% distortion at the same frequency and output power. In fact, below 0.1%, I doubt any amplifier sounds better or worse based on distortion alone.

So, Kost, what specifically and for which specific amplifier are you claiming a spec is significantly worse??

Best,

E

Thanks Ric, but @ $4K US per, I would need to take a loan out on my house, so I would probably get the GaNs first. However, I might be able to extend my budget for your amp to see how it compares to my Audio Alchemy DPA-1, although I am currently looking for a pair of their monos.

Found these on AC/Nuprime: Here’s one from New Zealand another from Sonic Unity

https://totallywired.nz/nuprime-2/nuprime-evolution-one/

https://sonicunity.com/pages/the-nuprime-evo-one-review-first-listening-session
George, are you not the same George who reviewed he Hattor passive pre with the Nord class D?
Post removed