The molecular level explanation of "cable burn-in"

According to one cable seller

"The insulation (or dielectric) will absorb energy from the conductor when a current is flowing (i.e. when music is playing). This energy-absorption causes the dielectric's molecules to re-arrange themselves from a random order into a uniform order. When the molecules have been rearranged, the dielectric will absorb less energy & consequently cause less distortion."

So it’s the plastic polymer (as dielectric insulation) to undergo some sort of molecular rearrangements to minimize the distortion. Probably one of the greatest scientific discoveries ever!

“Many premium AC cords constrict or compress the audio transient as their characteristic impedance restricts the transient current.”

We all know impedance restricts current but how possibly “many” premium AC cords constrict/compress the audio transient (when not carrying audio signal)? Then again is it achieved by this molecular rearrangements of the cable insulation?

Unfortunately there are no measurement data or mathematical formulas to be found to back up this amazing scientific discovery. Simply “it happens”. So I came up with a formula for them.

∆E = P - SoT

∆E: energy absorbed by dielectric

P: energy (power) drawn from wall outlet

So : Smake Oile

T: Dielectric Transition Temperature

classicrockfan

Now if you had $10000 to spend then you would invest in a pure class A amplifier(s) that is capable of doubling the output power as the load impedance gets halved and a pure linear preamp that has a constant gain through its operating range and has two sets of balanced outputs. If you have that knowledge and skills you can build (or re-build) your own dream amplifier(s) and preamp. buy two identical old Krell or Levinson power amps and get their circuit diagrams somewhere. then you'll be  relying on computer modeling to re-design the amp to produce the correct values that you want. Of course you must use the finest components available to achieve this goal such as ultra precision resistors and capacitors from Japan. For the preamp you can this volume potentiometer from a company in Korea I know it's outrageously expensive but such an engineering marvel, a perfect linearity Vo=aVi+0, a is the gain factor constant and 0 is zero. A $1000 power cable with a magic lamp attached or a $1000 volume potentiometer with its data sheet. It took me about 200 hours to complete the project and I invested most of my weekends for 6 month. Well this is a different topic and i'm too tire to write any longer

Instead of arguing without end about what most cannot verify nor understand completely anyway i proposed in my post above a simple experiment...😊

Nobody payed attention...😊

Most people prefer to buy something as a new cable for example especially a costlier one as programmed consumers they prefer purchase than making experiments. I know that...

Now this is my post above :

«Simple evidence for that :

put a piece of shungite on the cable connector ends: compression of the signals ...

put a quartz piece on the ends of the same cables connector : decompression of the signals ...

now combine them and hear the result : a balance with improvement in many case... It depend of the cable quality and design ...

No cables designer working with " basic established science/engineering principles in cable/wire electronics" will do that...

By the way i designed my own devices as a shield against EMI and minerals filters : "golden plate" ( shungite+a copper external face + quartz at some point for a better acoustic balance)

I dont buy tweaks...😁 I prefer homemade...»

Now think a second about what i said about shungite and quartz...

Think...

And read that :

"Quartz is an excellent electric insulating material and presents the following electrical properties: electrical resistivity (350°): 7×107 ohm x cm. dielectric constant (20°C – 1MHz): 3,76."

"Despite the poorly ordered structure, shungite has a relatively high electrical conductivity [50,51]. The resistivity of shungite-1 is about 1 Ω cm, whereas the resistivity of shungite-3 is about 10 Ω cm [50]."

«Another carbonaceous filler used in the present work was shungite. Shungite is a mineral that has recently increased in popularity. Shungite is a microheterogeneous natural mineral complex containing non-crystalline carbon, silicates, a small quantity of metal oxides, and organic additives [31,32]. Originally, shungite was described thanks to the resources obtained near the village of Shunga (Russia). Shungite rocks are classified into five types depending on the carbon content. Some deposits consist of almost pure carbon (up to 98% by weight, so-called type I). The most popular variant of shungite is type III (with a carbon content of 20–35 wt.%) [33,34]. Shungite may differ in structure and properties, depending on the place of origin. Shungite is a hard mineral with a compact structure and black color. Its density, depending on the variety, ranges between 2.04 and 2.25 g/cm3. Due to the fact that shungite contains nanotubes and fullerenes in its structure, this mineral is highly porous. Shungite also exhibits conductive properties and considerable mechanical strength [35,36,37]. Its modulus of elasticity is the highest among all of the carbon materials, including graphite. Taking into account the reactivity of shungite, it can be observed that it is more reactive than coke and, at the same time, more resistant to the oxidation process than graphite»

Antonets, I.V.; Golubev, Y.A.; Shcheglov, V.I.; Sun, S. Electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of lightweight and flexible ultrathin shungite plates. Curr. Appl. Phys. 2021, 29, 97–106

I think once a cable is burnt IN (best to measure that time), then you can only use it for 2x the burn in time before it is so altered that it is burnt OUT (you know those atoms and molecules get so dizzy from changing around that they start twisting the sound bites). But the shroom stash that made me hear the difference between un burnt, burnt IN and burnt OUT cable is now also gone. Darn. Shopping Amazon for pixel dust now. Do you SMOKE pixel dust or make cookies with it?