Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
He asked about my cabling and I told him it was standard Belden 10awg etc, and he was like "Wow, your system sure isn’t lacking in detail and amazing sound quality. Sounds like your cables are up to the task."
prof,

You don't know what's you're missing :-)
Heh, I’ve had quite a bit of experience having had access to very high end cables.  I used to have boutique cabling  - I even have some Nordost right now, just sold some Wireworld eclipse speaker cables I owned, today along with a pair of speakers.  And I’ve brought Belden cables to compare in friends systems, one of whom has about 50-60k in “the best” cabling.  So it’s not like I’m not speaking from any experience.

But....this is the place I’ve come to, and we all have our own audio journey.  Respect to you, all views are welcome!

Cheers!

andy2

I have to agree with prof on the speaker cable issue.  Like prof, I've had access to several varieties of esoteric cables, but eventually returned to 10-gage Belden.  

I used to "roll my own," but decided to let Blue Jeans weld on the end connects, and got rid of my small remaining stock. 

I might not have the Golden Ears necessary to discern the differences  among cables, so, YMMV.

Cheers!

I love this thread! Whenever contrasting opinions are expressed (such as on the issue of cables), there is no name-calling or attempts to shout down disagreements.

For guys like Prof and Brayeagle, who have tried a wide range of cables in their systems and ultimately decided not to invest a lot of time and money in expensive cabling, I respect their opinions on what works or doesn't work in their systems. However, for people who have never tried different cables with their gear, it may be worth a listen. 

I have never spent more than $400 on any single interconnect or speaker cable so I can't say that I have explored the cable "high end," but I have heard significant differences between the cables I have tried. Some cables were a great match for my system, while some were a bad match.

If you have never had a chance to demo several cables through Thiel speakers in your home system, you might consider borrowing a few cables from a friend or audio dealer - or checking out cables from the lending library at the Cable Company. If you find specific cables that make your system sound more natural and musical, you will be able to move a little closer to audio perfection. On the other hand, if using different cables doesn't positively affect the sound of your system - for your own ears - then you can be happy with what you already have and save yourself a lot of time and money.

This certainly is a fun and interesting hobby!  
I love this thread! Whenever contrasting opinions are expressed (such as on the issue of cables), there is no name-calling or attempts to shout down disagreements.

Maybe if we try to discuss about power cables then see if that statement still holds :-)

But joking aside, looking at the internal cables used in the 2.4, with respect to Tom and Thiel's, I was wondering if they may be a bottle neck.  They look suspiciously like something from Home Depot :-).  There was a post a few months back from someone I forgot (holco or something) that when he upgraded the internal cables, there was a meaningful improvement.