Townshend Isolation Products.

Update on the Townshend platform: initially the wrong cells were installed on the platform per the weight of the turntable. I was then sent a set of the corner platforms for my rack. This was the solution to a number of problems. My footfall issues are gone and the overall sound has improved with a quieter background and a wider soundstage. my entire system has seemed to benefit from the corners. I have moved the platform over to my DAC. I am so astounded by the benefits of the platform and corners, I have ordered the podiums to go under my speakers. I'm totally bought in to the benefits of the Townshend isolation products. A huge shoutout to John Davis Hannant for his tireless customer service and his dedication in getting me the solution I needed.

128x128travisg

Micro vibrations cannot be "seen". But you can hear the effects introduced into music playback.

Has anyone actually physically  checked to see any vibration in their speakers with no music playing and with music playing before using the podiums? 

Well, I never checked vibration in my speakers with no music playing, because I didn’t see where that would be useful, however I did measure vibration with music playing before and after installing Townshend podiums (and Gaia footers).

I used the Vibration Analysis app for iPhone. There are several similar apps available. 

I checked my speakers last weekend. I used a dial indicator on top of the speaker. I checked with no music first to see if there were any environmental vibrations or any other causes. Zero movement on the dial. Then I stomped around within 3 feet of the speaker and got a .002-.003 movement. This  seems like nothing really but since I don’t stomp while listening I figured I’m ok. The last measurement was with music on with 85 db peaks. The only movement worth noting came with the bass notes only. There was a movement of .006-.007 which again seems very good to me. My system is in the basement on concrete. It would be interesting to see what the movement would be on podiums. I may try some in the future to see. 

I have the Townshend podiums underneath my monitor audio platinum 200 G2, and the before and after difference was as if I had upgraded to more expensive electronics, the bass got tighter faster more articulate The sound stage got wider deeper more airy and spacious and even more three-dimensional than it already was, best upgrades you could ever make they're not cheap but they're well worth it.

The next upgrade I'm going to be doing is changing my internal wire from the silver plated OFC to OCC single crystal and I'm also going to cryo the crossover.