Von Schweikert VR-4JR Bi-Wire

I just bought a set of VR-4's and wish to bi-wire them. My challenge is that the distance from the top speaker post to the bottom is about 25". I don't, for looks sake only, want to run two separate cables.

The first cable I tried, a cheap one thank goodness, didn't reach both speaker posts. I've heard that Analysis Plus is a good match but am not sure they would reach either. Does anyone know of a bi-wired cable that would match the VR-4's distance challenge while still sounding great? Thanks for any insight you can all shed.

M
moondoggy69
Just use two separate runs of cable for each speaker. Make sure your amp's posts can handle a stacked pair of spades first though.

Arthur
Post removed 
Many people recomend Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun biwire for these speakers. I'm using it, fits fine.
Another possibility is to go with the two seperate cable runs then cover/combine them in inexpensive cable covering from Home Depot - usually costs about $2.50/10' run available in the electrical department - and doesn't look any worse than any other cables while permitting you to reach both modules easily.

The advantage of doing this is that it saves you the cost of replacing cables if you decide later to bi-amp the VR4JRs which is what I did and it really makes the sing.

The Analysis Plus Oval 9s are a great match for the JRs and richer-sounding IMHO than the Kimber TCs; both of which I've used. But I found I like the sound of the JPS Labs speaker cables MUCH better than either of the former cables - more open, detailed and natural sounding.

One tweak to seriously consider is Herbies Big Fat Black Dots to replace the small spike interface between the upper and lower modules. They offer a big improvement in detail retreival and imaging on what already superb speakers.
I like the idea of Canare 4S11. I have used it with great success. That said, I now use Speltz anti-cables in two runs from the amps to the speakers. SInce that does not appeal to you, you would most likely get the same result by running one pair to the lower module and another pair to the upper posts. The wire retains its bent shape and you can hide it behind the speakers. Any magnet wire would probably do, but I wanted mine pre-terminated, and they are not expensive. The terminals on the 4JRs should handle both set of spades, or you can order them with bananas, or bare wires, or call them and they can rig up the set with only one spade each for the lower module. By this I mean one spade with two wires running to it and two different length wires. Good luck!