Want to experience tubed CDP?

I am curious to hear a tubed CDP in my system, and would like to pay the entry price of an Ah! or Jolida to demo one in my system. I just wonder if either of those will equally perform at the level of my Cairn, or should I be looking at an Audio Aero or Cary model?

Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!
jh2os
This weeks' trip to Vegas I am finishing and punchlisting a renovation project for our company, and I am pretty booked.

Next week I fly out again (with the wife) for the AIA conference, so I am hoping to explore outside of the city on Saturday. Your the second person who has suggested Zion to me. Might have to check it out?

I noticed a Prima listed on here now, so maybe I'll pick that up to A/B/C with the Cairn and Jolida. ;)
Jh2os, one thing about the Prima since you are considering it: There are by now several versions out there (and prices that I have seen them sell for here):

- There is the the original version with volume control, no upsampling. Glossy front (used $800).
- The 192/24 upsampling version with glossy black front (used $1000-1300).
- The 192/24 upsampling version with matte black front and XLR outputs and some internal changes (used 1500-1600).
- The newest version has a completely different front plate, and according to the distributor no internal changes on this one. This one only has been available since 04/2005 (new 2700).

I would confirm with the seller, which version he has. Usually you can tell from the pictures, but quite often people post pictures from reviews etc.

By the way: I have the 192/24 upsampling version with matte black front and XLR outputs. I can't say too much abou the sonic differences to the earlier ones. Soundstage reviewed the two earliest versions.

Good luck.

Rene
The Vincent S6 is a sweet CD Player. Give it a listen/audition, I think you may be surprised.

The only difference between the S6 and the S6mkII is the Balanced outputs. Otherwise, they are exactly the same. I

I have one on order and it should be here over the next 3-4 weeks. I wanted the Black and all they had was the Silver. So they ordered it for me, and they are now going to bring in more of the Black.

I also have the Vincent SA-T1 Pre Amp on order, in Black.
I have heard a lot about Vincent products and a friend of mine who is a dealer in Denver sells their products. I saw the CD player in one of his listening rooms and we gave it a trial run. It sounded very good and looks good as well.

I have heard the amps/preamps are a good value as well.
Some correction to my earlier response from 05-10-05:

The newer version of the Audio Aero Prima uses a Sony transport, the latest MKII version a Phillips transport. Now which of the two is better is a good questions though. The change over is mainly since Phillips discontinued the CDM12 transport.

I have since verified this myself by opening my MKII unit.

Just thought this would be a helpful update for any user here.

Still a very nice CD player!

Rene