Want to setup basic home audio system

As the title states, I am looking for advice on the main components required to get a basic home audio system going for under 1k. When I do get to save more money, I am open to add more into the system. For now, what are the basic components of a home audio system that I mainly need to focus on right now? I am not looking to get a home theater setup. ONNLY LOOKING TO GET HOME AUDIO SYSTEM FOR MUSIC
diripio
@diripio, I purchased the B&W’s brand new, a few years ago. Never had any issues what-so-ever. For what they are, they sound great. You could probably step that up to the 603 within your budget. I didn’t get them as the 602’s were originally satellites for a 5.1 system. 
So, I guess the, "OP" is the recipient of my, "Good Deed" for the week.
I'll throw some nice cabling, "IMHO" in as well.
 Uh oh, I didn't just legally adopt this fellow did I?
Those "Golden Ear, Triton's" mentioned above are a nice speaker.
 Does anyone know if the "Post Office", still has those nifty,
(If it fit's? It Ships)"!! Flat-rate boxes just sitting there for free?
 I am sure I can jam each of these in a couple of those.
And with a wrap of "Saran" maybe to keep the dust out before dropping them in?
 "Voila"!
None of that "wimpy" bubble wrap or foam-"peanut like", strata, for Me! 
After all, they placed all of those dusty, oxidized and soft/puffy capacitor filled electronics inside that metal case to protect it all right?
And is that $50 worth of , "Postal Insurance" still free with any tracked parcel as well?
Did I say that gear was mint? 
I meant, "It Smells", like mint. "Someone spilled something one X-mas I think.......
Anyway, "It smells" kinda like mint....and....something else......Hmmm.
 Of course, after the dog had all those puppies on top of it.......
And, "Then the rains came".....
Thanks everyone for your opinions and recommendations! I learned more in the past few days than a month of reading about different types of speakers and amps. 

jollygreenaudiophile:
Man I am extremely grateful for coming across someone like you online! You make this passion/hobby way more enjoyable and exciting! Good karma will be swiftly delivered to your front door.
In regards to your request, I believe USPS mails out free shipping boxes in packs of 10 or 25 if you request them online. Otherwise, I know that the post office does have individual ones on the shelf by customer service. 

Thank you everyone for helping out this amateur!
@diripio....If that 'hard drive' is in your 'puter/laptop, there's a plethora of freeware of an audio bent....

My fave is  https://sourceforge.net/p/equalizerapo/wiki/Documentation/

...with...  https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/?source=typ_redirect   which makes APO a bit more 'user friendly', and allows to wring the best out of a speaker pair. *S*

And, after your feet get a bit more nimble....and a good calibrated microphone...
https://www.roomeqwizard.com/

The only requirement is running Windows, the faster the better.

Enjoy your Journey....J

@jollygreenaudiophile2:   I hear ya, but as that site is deemed credible and the charges for shipping are $150-250, I would hope that the gear is packed sufficiently, if not in original boxes.  Best not to assume and I think that would be something to verify.