Jefferson Starship-Dragon Fly Side A

Ernestine Anderson-When The Sun Goes Down(CJ 263) Side 1 SQ Audiophile

Rod Stewart-Every Picture Tells A Story Side 2 SQ*

Iron Maiden-Piece Of Mind Side 1 SQ*

Bob Segar-Against The Wind Side 2 SQ*

Santana-Lotus(2017 MoFi Japanese Vinyl Edition) Record 3 Side B

Deep Purple-Made In Japan(WB Shield label no barcode) Side 1

Renaissance-Live At Carnegie Hall Side A

Tonight was a celebration hitting the 4 year mark of playing my entire vinyl collection. 3 of my favorite live Pop/Rock recordings along with 2 great albums from the 70's/80's. Let's not forget the SQ winner tonight, Ernestine Anderson. IMO her strongest Concord Jazz vinyl release an exceptional recording of SQ and content.

I love threads like this, though to be honest, I wonder how much anyone actually reads what everyone is listening to. But I will happily take my turn, in part because I haven’t been using my newly restored Bang & Olufsen Beogram 4004 turntable very much and since I paid quite a lot to have it restored I’ve been feeling very guilty not to be using it. I confess I am very spoiled by the ease of streaming.

This is what I chose to play. I can’t seem to find a way to use the album photo from my iPad’s Photo Library, so here is the URL:

I had forgotten how much I really enjoyed flamenco so it was a real treat listening to The World of Flamenco featuring Los Romeros. I played all four sides and enjoyed it so much I tried to find it in a CD version. It turned out to be part of a 10 CD boxed set remastered by Decca and released in late 2023. I hated to spend $85 to buy it but I liked it that much. Now it’ll be fun to compare how the vinyl sounds compared to my ripped version. My experience so far is that I can’t really tell the difference unless I hear a pop. But back to my vinyl experience - It was great! I have to try to do this much more often. I have around 1000 LPs so I ought to play them!