Which pair of speakers changed your Hifi life?

*** I am not trying to create a debate or a quarrel with anyone. My discussions are purely having a talks and to express one's experiences. Also to learn fellow audio lovers passion. Please do not disrespect with hurtful words or expressions. Please be more forgiving and understanding in this discussion thread. Thank you." ***

Hopefully one day, someone would say "Mon Acoustic speakers were the turning point in my Hifi life".  😃

My 2ch-audio journey began when my uncle bought his BOSE system at his home (don't even know the model or never really heard it) in early 90s. Bose was rear and expensive in Korea(South) back then. So I started my own system with Bose Cinematics 2.1. Then moved on to Goldenear Triton 3, then to Triton 1. But more utilizing the speakers for AV set ups, not 2 ch stereo.   

When I had my first house, I bought a pair of Revel M105 speakers and I think these are the pair that really changed my audio life. My initial paring with M105 was Yamaha receiver. Then I tried goofie set up with center speaker 3.1 to see if it improves vocal in the songs I liked. We went through many combinations of system set up. I ended up with Chord Electronics set up. 

I still own them. Always struggle time to time, whether to sell them or not due to the number of pairs I own(out of a guilt). I cannot argue how many pairs of shoes my wife owns.  I pair them with NAD M10 (version 1) for my bedroom since my wife likes the warm and well rounded sound, and 80% its white design aspect. 

So what are the speakers that have impacted your life? 

128x128monacousticusa

@goofyfoot 

The 3A’s throw a huge soundstage. I’m set up for near field, they are exemplary especially at lower volume.

A pair of original DCM Time Windows, purchased 40 years ago.  A fine speaker for the price, in my opinion, and I still cherish them.  I finally replaced them with a pair of Sonus Faber Serafinos.

Paradigm Signature 40s . Never heard detail or highs like that. Came from Klipsch RF7s as the last speaker I had at that point. The detail was off the charts for me and that’s what I chased for years. 

Tone vs detail vs timing is what it’s all about. I still think those 40s got real close. 

Altec Voice Of The Theater, used as the bands PA and for practice in my loft/ domicile. 

An acquaintance brought over his HK Citation preamp and his Benjamin Mirrored turntable and connected them to my Marantz 8B used for the A7's. I heard stereo for the first time, Miles E.S.P.. 

Going back over the speakers I used to own I came to the conclusion that none of them were so great that I’d not pass on them for something else. Granted, some were eye (ear) opening and helped to broaden my audio horizon but when push comes to shove, I have to say it’s my current speakers, the JBL 4319 monitors.

I’ve had my ups and downs with them, sometimes wondering what the heck could be wrong, but in the end, it’s always turned out to be either the recordings limitations of something else upstream of them.

If any speaker warrants the description, garbage in, garbage out, it’s these. Like a true chameleon, they wait for something to happen upon and then assume the character of what lies underneath. There has honestly been times when I’ve been floored with what they’re capable of.

They don’t click off any of the audiophile boxes, having a broad front baffle and that utilitarian look in their design and build, but in the end, it’s all I’ve ever asked for or needed.

All the best,
Nonoise