Which speaker did TAS put in place of Gallo 3

So, in the last TAS issue of recommended components, there was no mention of the Gallo Ref. 3.1 -
Which speaker in that price range did they say they thought sounded better for the money? Because of the variable price of the Gallo, after you add a sub base amp and the stands, it's confusing as to where the line is drawn on its price.
I couldn't figure it out.

Rolloff
rolloff
I'm considering buying a pair of 3.1s from a local dealer... They are currently "on sale" for $2,600. I wonder if he might know they are being phased out...
This news kinds of wrecks my plans. I had planned to purchase a single 3.1 for a center channel when I purchase a projection screen, but I had not planned to purchase a projection setup for about four to five years. Now, if I upgrade my 3.1 to a 3.5, which I may be willing to do depending on the cost, and purchase a single 3.1, I've got a different center channel speaker from the mains. I know I do not want to spend the money to upgrade a single 3.1 for a center channel, nor would I want to pay for a single 3.5 for a center channel. Decisions, decisions.
Jamesgarvin,Wouldn't the AV Reference work for the center-channel? Who knows,maybe a 3.5 center in the works.
a single reference 3.1 is not that much more than a reference center, so, for the extra few bucks, I would get a center that was exactly the same as the mains, which is the ideal configuration in a home theater setup.
The 3.1 is only sold in pairs. So it's very doubtful you could get single 3.1 for a center anyway.