Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik

Considering the many feet of run-of-the-mill OFC copper wire inside of the electronics in a given system, it is surprising that connecting cables could have the profound effect that many report. The main difference between connecting cables and the wire inside of the electronics is susceptibility to EMI and RFI, which can be largely mitigated through geometry and shielding, both of which are inexpensive to implement. Keeping electronics close together and close to the power source helps since the LCR parameters increase with length.

If you are an "audiophile" for heaven's sake never look at the hook-up wire inside of your speakers. Manufacturers have been making great sounding gear and speakers for years without using break-the-bank exotic wire.

The amount of time and money spent "evaluating" cables is nothing short of amazing.  That so many believe the slightly perceptible differences heard between different cables can actually "transform" the sound of their systems is a glowing testament to the power of the illusory truth effect as well as the genius of the collective marketing teams for well-known cable manufacturers - kudos to them!
It is easier mitch2, when most of the people who throw around terms like imaging and sound-stage, etc. don't understand the underlying mechanisms for how those things manifest.
It’s not really that hard mahgister. I come to your house and you step outside while I change 1 speaker cable or not. I touch nothing else. I blindfold you, you come back in sit in your favorite place and tell me which cable I changed or didn’t. Get it right 8 out of 10 times you have your objective proof a cable matters.
You are very naive here,sorry....

Here is an anecdote that will explain the matter:
When i listened my system some months ago, when accidentally some stones fell of my grid in the night before , i dont suspect it immediately at first, it takes sometimes, a few hours, and my listening being subconsciously unsatisfied was alerting my consciousness, i decided after a moment to verify the grid discovering the cause of the problem...This experience of the falling off of some stones changing the sound arrived a few times for me and for a friend of mine who tried my idea also....

It is not my HEARING consciousness that experienced on the spot and decided that the sound was not like it was one day ago.... At first i dont noticed something big or even something.... But with the times passing my FEELING subconsciousness alerted my consciousness.... My musical sound memory is there in my subconscious body not in my consciousness... It is not the exact memory of the sound that is imprinted in my body-brain, it is the FEELINGS in my sensitive body that contains the memory and that are the memory not the sound "per se"...

Then if you understand what i speak about you can understand the absurdity of your proposal test in the conditions in which you imagine it...

My regards to you....

P.S. but if i choose the musical files i use to test my audio system, i will probably pass your test with my stones grid or other tweaks easy to takes off.... with the cables it is too subtle and too long to takes them off and replace them and cables are sometimes very subtle in their differences.... :)

Most people condition themselves not being able to hears any differences, their system is not even rightly embedded most of the times.... Listening is something we must learn....Hearing is quantifiable in hertz, listening hability is not.....