why do my $40 logitech speakers sound better than my $120 edifer speakers?

all i use my speakers for is just tv, like news and such, cnn, ect ect, my logitech 40$ speakers have a more balanced, "flat" sound (if thats the right term to use) the treble and bass sound like its one blended sound, with the edifer speakers, i can hear the treble and bass, are "separated" and for tv viewing it is distracting and does not sound natural,

am i crazy? or is there a reson why i think the logitech is better for tv/voice listening
stable_genius
@dekay , another great one!  Its a bit sad that we don’t have programs like these anymore.  Soo funny, and no politics.  Shows used to be cleaner too.

I think we have made progress in certain areas but have regressed in more.

Anyhow, back to Malcom !
@dekay Loved the video. Think I will look for the series. Never watched much TV bsck then. Enjoy old series on disk. 
My PC speakers (2.1 - desktop with a sub on the floor) are so good that I haven't bothered to change them since 2004.

They are also made by Logitech and came supplied with my Dell PC branded as Dell Zylux A425. 

The sound is small scale and the bass is fairly indistinct, but it does add some necessary weight. The rest of the sound is uncannily life-like in tone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-A425-Computer-Speakers/dp/B004572U48
mesch:

Yes, I didn't watch much TV until the late 1990's (1999 to be exact) and missed gobs of stuff.

Loved Bryan Cranston in the Malcom sitcom, though later on only watched a few episodes of "Breaking Bad", as I found it too depressing (though realistic).

Funny... in that I started watching TV just a year, or so, before owning my first CD deck.

The biggest hit/series that both myself and my wife enjoyed equally @ the time was "Stargate SG1" starring MacGyver (Richard Dean Anderson).

I recently started recording  "Kolchak - The Night Stalker" series starring Darren McGavin.

Darren was a wine customer of mine (early 90's) when I worked in the food/wine industry and though I made it a point to not bug celebrity clients I broached such by asking him why he had not made a guest appearance on "The X-Files" which (to me) was based upon his much earlier "Night Stalker" series.

He replied "that's an excellent question" and I'm going to call/ask my (BLANK) manager the very same when I get back home".

Approx. One year later Darren was on the "X-Files", though not wardrobed in the iconic seersucker suit he wore on Kolchak (as I would have preferred).

He preferred ripe/fruit forward wines, in the under $10 range, which @ the time tipped towards Australia.

Found him a few lower California "field blends" that he also liked (Preston Vineyards comes to mind - though we didn't sell it and I referred him to Safeway Market).

Also got him hooked on a French wine (which we did carry) that was excellent, but not his usual choice.

It was a 1990 vintage (forget the label, but it referred to a walled city is the best I can recollect) and is was asskick regardless of the 5$ price tag.

Almost got fired for ordering 24 pallets of it for my store, but it ended up selling out within a few weeks.

DeKay