Why so many Gallo 3 or 3.1 for sale on A'goN?

For a speaker that got rave reviews...there are sure a great number of pair of the Gallo Ref 3 or 3.1 being sold on AudiogoN.....usually with just a few months use. It's not just the ones for sale now...this has been going on for a few months.

Do these speakers just not sound good after a buyer listens for a few months or what?
whatjd
my guess would be that the gallos are very unique and appeal to people that are adventurous/into experimenting with different speaker types. They try them out then its onto somthing else. my 2 cents anyway.
There is a possibility that room size and volume levels might be a factor as well. I remember that tempering my opinion of the speakers when reading the laudatory reviews. Maybe everyone bought Druids instead, a more recent favorite.

Without first had experience of either, but posting anyway.

Gregg
With the exception of the self-righteousness in a couple of posts, thanks to most for your thoughts.

I have listened to these speakers, but only once in a showroom and with gear and music that I am not familiar with.

Being used to Maggie 1.6, 3.6 and 20.1..some of the reviews have pointed to these Gallos being close to dipoles/stats/planars.. and to a degree they do have some of that, but like most speakers this short..the picture they put up seems to be suited to smaller rooms with the listener seated....which may not be a concern for the room I am thinking of using these in.

Think I'll try to get a listen with electronics and music I am more familiar with..and see how that goes.

Gallo can't keep up with demand, they're selling a ton of the Ref 3's so it's not surprising to see some being sold in the second hand market. Plenty of Gallo Ref 3's being bought, some folks will decide to sell 'em and move on to something else. Audiophila nervosa.

I have owned Apogee (Duetta II), Martin Logan (Quest Z and Aerius), and Eminent Technolgy (LFT VIIIa) speakers so it's fair to say I have a preference for planars. I couldn't be more pleased with my Ref 3.1's Jeff
Post removed