Word Clock Cable Upgrade

My Aurender N20 has a Word Clock output that I use to Sync to the Word Clock input on my MSB DAC. I use a Blue Jeans BNC Coax Cable. 

Is it worth upgrading this cable since it only carries Clock info and no Digital music signals? Before I spend hundreds of $ on an upgrade has anyone found this upgrade worthwhile? If so what benefit did it have to the sound quality?

jfrmusic

@m2team00 

Yes Syncing with the MSB definitely sounds better even with my Lie cost Blue Jeans cable. The question is how much influence does the cable have. Will l get better sound with a more up scale cable?  Does the cable make much of a difference in this case?  

@jfrmusic ​​​​@wsrrsw I did experiment on this about a decade ago with dCS scarlatti and then Vivaldi. I was using the ’basic’ cables dCS supplied and tried a Chord Signature, which was better and there was further improvement with a Solstace/Sarum. But having read a 2016 review in hi-fi pig

https://www.hifipig.com/chordmusic-launch-event/

I them borrowed a Chord Music BNC-BNC and I would suggest, knowing what I do about the PTFE knee that there is definitely something in the point they make on "Taylon" which is a phase stable dielectric at room temperature.
However, I didn’t buy the cable as whilst it was superior it was something like £3,500. They have subsequently brought out a Sarum-T, which has Taylon but is now about £2k, I haven’t tried these because primarily I have been spending on my Vinyl system of late and also because I would need about 4 in my system and i’m ’afraid’ it will work!

Assuming you are in the US I don’t know if Chord do the 30 day money back that Wsrrsw noted, they do in some territories. If you could borrow one or get a dealer to demo, I am not necessarily saying "its the best", but there is some scientific basis to why it assists and it might be worth a benchmarking trial with others.

I do note that there are some ’industrial’ manufacturers that make what are noted to be phase stable cables for satellite applications. If you could get hold of a sample of one of these as they seem to be BNC types (assuming it wasn’t even more expensive) then could well be worth a try.

Does using a USB cable accomplish the same thing? The DAC Clock then controls the Streamer?