Y No YG ?

Hi Everyone, 

It just occurred to me that I never see YG Acoustics mentioned. With exotic cabinets and driver manufacturing, I would think they'd be discussed as often as Wilson, B&W or Magico. 

Personally I haven't heard them, but I like their brochures! 

Best,

E
erik_squires
Kenny,  you got another one removed?  You know on the stripper one, it was really good.  I didn't think that you'd get away adding the wire stripping.
Oh well Tim,
Rest assured I will come up with another one all in due time.

Thank’s for all your kind words and input,
Kenny.
I attended last Fall's Capital Audiofest and visited a room with what I think was the Carmel 2 smaller floor standing YG Acoustics models.

So many of the demos at that show featured systems that (IMO) were playing too loud and (IMO) sounded "grainy" as a result...like the system was "shouting".

I found that the YG's were NOT like that, very smooth yet detailed sound, and though the demo room was not the greatest, had nice sound stage as well.

I don't know of any dealers that carry the YG's and I live in a major metropolitan area.
I also liked the Carmel speakers at the 2017 Capital Audiofest.  I also heard them with Veloce preamp and Soulution amps at a much earlier audio show and liked them then too.  I generally prefer warmer sounding speakers, but, for a "modern" sound, these speakers are a lot more in line with my taste than competitor high-tech designs like Magico and Raidho speakers. They are very good at getting the timber of acoustic instruments right.   
Been living with carmel 2s for the past two years. As pointed out above, I agree they excel in resolution, acoustic timber, vocals, have nice width and are still able to pressurize my small/med room with my sub off. Not the warmest speaker for sure but I would say not icy either. I do have them paired with a REL B3 and they do make a good combo.