Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
QUOTE "If you put Zus in room without care then you will not get their tonal honesty in midrange, or dynamic life. They will sound good, but nothing special. That is what my Zus sound like off axis, good, but not special. So they will ask "why all the hype?" END QUOTE

I do not want what I am about to post as being negative to Zu or their business.

Zanon makes a point with regard to just plonking the speakers in a room. Here in the UK, a large percentage of people buy from dealers, some of which are experienced in setting up and placing speakers in listeners rooms to get the best out of the system.
There are not many of us who have the expertise and patience to get such a speaker as Zu's to work at the optimum easily, unless by pure luck you plonk them down and it just happens to be the right position, distance from walls, toe-in etc.
That is why certain manufacturers in the UK have been the market leader, it may not be the best available but properly set up produces music which the best available not optimally set up would never attain (unless expertly set up).
Since owning the Zu speakers I have learnt more about music, room acoustics and what to do to set up a system to get the best out of it.
This brings me onto the subject of direct selling, a good experienced dealer is worth his salt with equipment/speakers such as these, and will bring more positive feedback from owners than otherwise, which in turn enhances the brand, giving them more business, which assists in R&D. We as the owners loose out because we have to pay more, but for that extra money we get excellent service, excellent installation/set-up, and excellent back up.
Manuals, talking with distributers is all well and good, but if you are not trained or it is not explained what someone is listening for when setting up systems/speakers then this will be all completely wasteful, and end up with the product being dismissed as not suitable.

This is all in my humble opinion.

Zu make excellent speakers (to date I have not heard anything better), have rock solid integrity and want to bring to people what they are passionate about - music.

Would love others feedback and opinions of the above.

James
PS I think 213Cobra might have already provided his answer in his last post to mine.
Here is some insight from someone who knows very little about "audiophile" talk, doesnt care for graphs and isnt even sure what a push pull amps even is.

I bought the SuperFlys on whim only b/c of their intro special discount. (thanks ZU) I love playing rock and roll loud, the speakers look great, and I've been cranking them all week long in my apartment. In my case Zu did an excellent job of marketing to a new consumer base, im 27 and bought these speakers over a new TV and im glad i did because "Since I've Been Loving You" sounds soooo sweet cranked up. I hope Zu keeps up their marketing efforts to hit younger individuals who dont really know to much or care about specs, but that do LOVE the sweet Zu sound of their favorite band cranked up.

Thanks my 2cents,
CT,

Any chance you could make your two cents a dollar or more and give us some more detail? I appreciate you're not into the techy side and feel that's often a positive. Why should you hsve to be? However, when you're cranking them up what are you hearing? What are they doing differently to what you've heard before?

Also, how/where have you positioned them etc?

In a way it's all boring stuff but for those of us on another continent then it paints another piece of the picture.

Interested parties will note Gopher has gone AWOL. Presumably he's been kidnapped by music.

Mike
Glad you like the Ctaudio15.

I was actually in the same place when I bought my first Zus. Did not know much about speakers, repaired 30 year old speakers I bought from neighbours when they were cleaning out their garage, and now me and my family are listening to more music than ever before.

*If* you become interested in improving your sound further, I would suggest exploring careful placement and setup before spending money on gear. As you may or may not have noticed, this area is packed with people who obsess about gear, and there is very little discussion of music or actual sound. I have learned more about how to hear sound through experimenting with placement than reading any number of posts about "which speaker is best" etc. etc.

Zus play great loud : )